What's new

The B&B Members Real-Time Weather Report

Another snow day here to the east, i don't think my wifes had a five day work week in 2019, this one will work out to another three day week with students, been quite a number of those so far.

My browser opens up with the number of days until summer, 113 days 22 hours to go.
dave

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am here at home waiting on the air conditioning guy. Our unit is not working properly. Probably succumbing to last year’s flood. Good thing it is starting to cool down already tonight.

491FAEEA-143E-4404-929C-8681BA1DD8B0.png

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I could take 21C. A friend of mine in Arizona said it was 25C yesterday and she was going out with the sunroof open lol. I'm starting to wish for those temps.

Screenshot_2019-03-01 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

We've had it pretty easy so far this winter. This weekend though is a mess. Already about 4in snow overnight and still coming down at a good pace. Guess at least the temp isnt that bad.
Screenshot_20190302-065554_wX.png
Screenshot_20190302-065619_wX.png

martym

Was gonna go outside for a run but I’ll just climb aboard the treadmill instead. A bit humid this morning.

46B4AC85-218E-4D5B-85CF-28C807C00F45.png

Bought my first set of modern snowshoes about 10 years ago & was hooked.

I really enjoy being outside in winter and even moderately cold weather (e.g. -20C) doesn't bother me but this sustained deepfreeze we've been in for over a month now is getting a bit much. GF & I went out on the snowshoes this afternoon and despite being VERY well bundled up we only lasted about 30 min before turning back. I've spent the rest of the day parked a few feet from the fireplace only moving to add more wood or get another mug of gluhwein and I'm just starting warm up after 10 hours.

screenshot_651.jpg

View attachment 958164 View attachment 958165
Snow??
Thinking snow is a far better option than what we have going on here in Tennessee
Damn! Stay safe!

martym

Oh my!
We have extra rooms here and just replaced the air con yesterday!!
You’re welcome to stay anytime.
Although we do have a front pushing through this afternoon.

Thanks....We’re lucky though. Our place is on a mountain ridge and at elevation enough that we will be at enough elevation to avoid the worst. Rivers are running very high and fast. People in the lower lying areas (like just down the mountain about 1/2 mile on the banks of the Ocoee)...different story.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Bought my first set of modern snowshoes about 10 years ago & was hooked.

I really enjoy being outside in winter and even moderately cold weather (e.g. -20C) doesn't bother me but this sustained deepfreeze we've been in for over a month now is getting a bit much. GF & I went out on the snowshoes this afternoon and despite being VERY well bundled up we only lasted about 30 min before turning back. I've spent the rest of the day parked a few feet from the fireplace only moving to add more wood or get another mug of gluhwein and I'm just starting warm up after 10 hours.

I've trotted a lot of miles on snowshoes. I'm not sure theres better exercise.

I use to live in Warner Alberta. It got cold there too, but it never took that long for a Chinook to move through and warm things up. Being as close to the mountains as you are, are Chinooks just as common or less so? I never spent much time in the mountains but I would have liked too.

It will be cold here this week too. Unusual for March.

Screenshot_2019-03-03 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Indeed. I am looking forward to being able to chop away at the ice blocks that now consume about 1/3 the width of my driveway.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
A friend of mine moved to Glendale AZ and all winter she was sending me weather reports lol. -30C here and she's out with the sunroof open because its a nice 25C. Then she complained it was raining so I sent her this.

Makes me laugh every time lol.

Top Bottom