What's new

The B&B Members Real-Time Weather Report

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That looks brutal. Simply brutal!!!!

77° @ 1834 local

You sucker. Nothing like our northern brothers but it got down to -11C here a few days ago, and supposed to get to -6C tomorrow night here in Indian Territory. Snow and ice for the next few days here. Wife said awhile ago it was 21C/70F at home.

GTT is being carved on the front porch post as we speak...Gone To Texas.

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I couldn’t handle that cold.
We are forecasted to hit the 90’s the next couple of days.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
-11C isn't cold..... unless you're running around in your skivvies.

I cordially invite you to come to Texas when the heat index is 124F/51C and then say it isn't hot. I will happily follow you around with a plastic bag to scrape up your melted remains from the 140F/60C asphalt. :biggrin1:

You are totally welcome to come visit anytime.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
We've hit in the 40Cs (not counting the humidex) here in Toronto, and yup, that's plain yucky. I'll take the cold over that heat.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Minus 11 is cold... it sucks even in Canada.
dave

Yeah, especially when you're not used to it and the heat goes out. Late one evening last week when a cool front moved through here in I.T. the igniter in the gas heat went out. Thank goodness for the gas fireplace. I didn't want to leave the gas fireplace on with the windows cracked a bit when I went to bed, so turned it off. Needless to say when I got up the next morning it was a bit cool before I turned on the fireplace and cracked some windows open again. The gas central heat got fixed real quickly after things opened up that next morning. Simple fix, but no place for parts was open when it went out.

I've seen it at about -5F/-21C here when I was a kid. I have no idea what the wind chill was then, but I'm sure it was a lot colder. That's cold enough for me.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Screenshot_2019-02-18 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

Another 4"s of powder this morning.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Yup, "powder" or fluff is how it is here in Ajax. Shoveling our 80' frontage (we're on a pie-curve lot)was such a breeze that I did the neighbour's sidewalk as well as my old (literally) friend's place kitty corner to us.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yup, "powder" or fluff is how it is here in Ajax. Shoveling our 80' frontage (we're on a pie-curve lot)was such a breeze that I did the neighbour's sidewalk as well as my old (literally) friend's place kitty corner to us.

Yeah nice and easy this morning.

I do mine, the neighbors next door and the older couple across the street from me. This year it seems we're having a bit of a neighborly competition to see who can get finished first and do the older couples walks across the street lol. Its been me doing theirs for a few years now, but this year the guy that rents two doors up from them beat me to it last time.

Then this morning, another guy in a rental two doors up from him, left his unfinished before I finished mine to do theirs before I could get to it, then went to finish his own lol. Funny.

Nice and quiet here in St. Louis. Had a nice cup of coffee in the sun room before heading off to work. It was a crisp 27F and calm. Very nice way to start a Monday, too bad I didn't have time to shave too.

martym

It was in the 90’s Friday and Saturday and I woke up this morning to 53°.
The other morning I went for a run at 0630ish and it was 73° with 94% humidity.
Still crazy weather.

martym

Sunny breezy, and 60° here currently!!
It was ugly last week.
Extremely hot and humid.
The humidity inside my home was 66%.
I had to turn on the dehumidifiers.

Let the dogs out this morning and it was 55 and sunny. :001_rolle

Came home from church and it was 33 and snowing with 30 mph winds, with gusts up to 60 mph. :a6:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Sometime during the night the wind shifted to out of the east and cooled off.

Screenshot_2019-02-27 London, Ontario 7 Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Network.png

The wall my PC is against is an east facing wall with a window right behind it. I left that window cracked about 4"s for air circulation since we had a steady west wind lol. When I woke my PC up this morning, the inside temps were on the low side lol.

Top center.

frozenPC.jpg

I couldnt get a screen shot quick enough. When my desktop loaded, both temps were at 0C lol.

We've got about 3"s and its still falling.

Screenshot_2019-02-27 Weather Radar - Exeter, ON - Environment Canada.png

I've had enough of winter...

Top Bottom