What's new

The B&B Gentleman's Athletic Club

noooo ...office doughnuts :frown: I caved
it's okay, it's your last day there (for now anyway)
see, further temptation gone!
(until dorm life.....:eek:)

so far today...
Breakfast:
2 Eggo whole wheat waffles
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon fig preserves
Mastication ensued
Snack:
Quaker True Delights dark chocolate raspberry almond granola bar

Excellent! That steed should serve you well!

I've already discovered how much more effective the disc brake is than the grip of the rear tyre on icy mud on a 1 in 4 downslope :biggrin: That would have been a brown trouser moment if they weren't already covered in mud :lol:

it's okay, it's your last day there (for now anyway)
see, further temptation gone!
(until dorm life.....:eek:)

so far today...
Breakfast:
2 Eggo whole wheat waffles
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon fig preserves
Mastication ensued
Snack:
Quaker True Delights dark chocolate raspberry almond granola bar

Dorm life shouldn't be as bad, when I'm not living at home I forget to eat a lot because I'm so busy, and my new nike sport kit came so it's time to try it out

noooo ...office doughnuts :frown: I caved

With some of the donuts that have been brought in to our office, I'm not sure I could resist. Haven't had any in a while, luckily. I did manage to avoid a free cookie at lunch today. "That's bad for me!"

I was a big potato chip eater.. Lots of sandwiches, so lots of chips. Decided to stop buying chips, so less sandwiches, so trying to find other things to eat has been, well, different. My coworkers have noticed me eating more salads at lunch.. "They're good for me!"

I was a big potato chip eater.. ..
that's a big step right there - cut out chips, and fries - if not totally, then drastically reduce the amount, like once a week on a cheat day
a bit cheaper at fast food places to just order the burger and a drink, too, and if you really want to extreme it, only eat half the bun...no, I'm not a low-carb fanatic, like the KFC commercial a few years ago said, "the only carb that matters is under my hood", is now my slogan :biggrin:

Its official. I absolutely hate the tear down or break down phase of exercising. I have 6 running sessions under my belt now and todays run was the worst feeling. From past experience I know that in about another week to a week and a half the running will start feeling much better. Every time I start exercising I always kick myself for stopping the previous exercise regimen.

On a positive note. I have not had a single French fry at work. We have a lemon aioli that is just wonderful, and it is very tempting to help myself to just one fry and some aioli. That stuff is like crack though, once I start its tough to stop.

I'll post my weight tomorrow. Probably after work. I like to weigh myself during the same time each week.

Instead of posting my weight how about I just post it as +whatever I want to lose. So right now it would be +20, I can live with that. I am loving my new nike sport gear. If anyone has a nano you should definitely pick one up. I paid $30 for mine and I don't even use nike shoes with it. It says you are suppose to but I just slid the sensor into my shoe between my sock and the tongue and it calibrated and worked just fine.

I like how I can base my workouts on calories, so I can tell my ipod I want to have a 300 calorie workout and instead of updating time or distance it tells me how I'm doing calorie wise which is really what is important anyway. I did a quick little 17 minute 150 calorie jog today, I've slowed down a bit since last time I was working out a lot. In april I was doing 30 minute 320 calorie 2.5 mile jogs. Right now I'm at about an 18 minute mile .

I've been focusing on eating slower and thinking before I eat. I use to be the clean plate type but lately I've just tried to slow down. I've also tried to start my meals with less on my plate and if I finish it and I'm still hungry I can take a little more. So far I haven't been hungry after finishing and I haven't cleaned my plate, I also haven't had that way too full feeling in about a week which is nice.

I've already discovered how much more effective the disc brake is than the grip of the rear tyre on icy mud on a 1 in 4 downslope :biggrin: That would have been a brown trouser moment if they weren't already covered in mud :lol:

A mtn. bike eh? Nice, I just had my old banger of a frame repainted. Its still sitting in the house waiting for me to add the parts. Never had disc brakes before though. Maybe next year I'll spring for those......or a new bike.

Today I was already for a basic session of 45 minutes of 'base' miles but 5 minutes into it a customer called and had to talk for about 15min, threw me right off and wasn't in the mood for riding for 20min.

that's a big step right there - cut out chips, and fries - if not totally, then drastically reduce the amount, like once a week on a cheat day
a bit cheaper at fast food places to just order the burger and a drink, too, and if you really want to extreme it, only eat half the bun...no, I'm not a low-carb fanatic, like the KFC commercial a few years ago said, "the only carb that matters is under my hood", is now my slogan :biggrin:

A good trick is if you want to 'cheat' and have a buger and fries, go for the kids meal. Then use the rest of the day to pig out on 'not so bad stuff' like cereals, granola, etc.

A good trick is if you want to 'cheat' and have a buger and fries, go for the kids meal. Then use the rest of the day to pig out on 'not so bad stuff' like cereals, granola, etc.
true, but then just cutting that crap out is really the best solution...if you want fries, get a potato and make real ones, that way you're getting straight up tater and no other crud, plus you burn a few extra calories (not significant in itself, but every little bit helps) plus it tests you're true desire for fries!

I may have to post a little granola recipe I came up with last year...
and a couple of my favorite smoothie recipes

Man, I dropped every ball.

I am in the middle of studying for a licensing exam, and, suprisingly, have kept myself offline...I owe everyone some goals, some measurements and some wild promises.

Thanks for making this a sticky....I just decided that, in addition to a no boose challenge....I just took a four month no wings challenge bet and a fries free 2009 challenge.

And you know what?

I actually feel relieved.

I also just had an awesome proraso expierence with a near deadly feather blade.

I had no idea.

Code:
Date       Weight
01/01/09 - 254
01/08/09 - 254

Exercised every day, ate better than ever and lost a grand total of 0 pounds. Shoulda weighed myself before breakfast so I would not have had the weight of the bagel in my belly! :wink:

Today - 24' rewarded me with 3.85km of subzero temperatures in mud, ice, ice-covered mud and mud-covered ice.

23 minutes today and I covered 4.54km. Mud, ice, ice-covered mud and mud-covered ice still very much in evidence along with "skitey bits" (those of a confused persuasion may click to find out all about skitey bits, it really isn't as exciting as it might sound)

Exercised every day, ate better than ever and lost a grand total of 0 pounds. Shoulda weighed myself before breakfast so I would not have had the weight of the bagel in my belly! :wink:

Stick with it perry -- it's a marathon, not a sprint! I know what you mean, though -- I was disappointed when the scale showed a slight increase from Tuesday to Wednesday. I blame a post-lunch weighing time, as well. I'm a bit sore today from exercise, though -- I'll take that as a positive sign.

I found I am feeling slighty trimmer with the extra cardio I started just before Christmas, I think that has done the trick. Now the hard part keep it up along with the weight training portion.

proxy.php

23 minutes today and I covered 4.54km....

5.69km in 26 minutes today - hit 39.6km/h at one point (before I remembered the severe speed hump I was headed for and slowed down considerably) - still mud, ice, ice-covered mud and mud-covered ice still very much in evidence - at least it was above zero today :smile:

5.69km in 26 minutes today - hit 39.6km/h at one point (before I remembered the severe speed hump I was headed for and slowed down considerably) - still mud, ice, ice-covered mud and mud-covered ice still very much in evidence - at least it was above zero today :smile:

I bet you have more fun riding your bike than I do on the stationary bike! I got in a touch over 5 miles in 40 minutes today. Most I've done, both time and distance, since I've started exercising 6 weeks ago today. I may not be losing much weight, but I can sure tell that my fitness level is improving.

Top Bottom