What's new

The Anything Thread

thatsokwithmeifyouwanttodothat...

I just won't read your posts :biggrin:

Good morning whatever we are today!

Broke out the Milord this morning. Forgot how thin the handles were on those. I got used to the feel of Fatboys, HDs, Aristocrats, Super Adjs... that the Milord felt way too thin. It shaved well for all of that though.

This morning, I'm going with the finest stuff in my collection: Uncle Albert's Solid Cream Shaving Cake Captain's Galley Scent.

Forget your Proraso, T&H, or Tabac. This stuff is the best - and best scent.

So we have your shin to blame for the new thread name? :confused: Glad things are calm for you tonight otherwise. Congrats on 900.

Keep up the healing Doug. I prescribe a steady regimen of "shavegasms" (not to be taken internally). :tongue:

Rolls, I like the TGQ soaps. The Autumn smells especially well. I need to get a puck of Cavendish -- think I'd like that one, too. I may stop at Tamarack on the way home from holiday travels to look into that. FWIW, I've always thought that Colleen would do better with her samples if she were to create sample pucks that were thinner and bigger around (like the Ogallala sample pucks). That small difference in size makes a huge difference in lathering ability, at least to me. Nothing a microwave can't fix, but that's not something that most folks would try. I remember getting pretty frustrated with her stuff when I first started wetshaving because I couldn't get good lather from the sample pucks. Go figure. If you touch base with Colleen again soon, feel free to pass that along. I'd hate to see her lose customers over it -- the soap is too good!

Chad, I have found that the best way to lather her sample pucks is by dipping the puck in hot water and holding it in the palm of your hand. Load your brush directly like that.

Has anyone seen SMOKE around lately?

I just blew out a big cloud of smoke.................:rolleyes:

Morning all.

Gee Gruder you are about to 2,000. As I recall, I got that PIF from you when you hit 1,000. Guess you are packing on the posts faster than I.

Yeah, I've been more active over the past few months. Sitting in the home office all day finishing a dissertation tends to be good for the post count, it seems. This place has been a sanity-saving distraction. Lately I've been trying to focus a bit more on welcoming new folks -- I get complacent and forget about that every now and then.

idontwanttouseanyspacesorpuncuationrightnowokay

In some circles that's officially known as poetry.

Broke out the Milord this morning. Forgot how thin the handles were on those. I got used to the feel of Fatboys, HDs, Aristocrats, Super Adjs... that the Milord felt way too thin. It shaved well for all of that though.

I tend to favor larger-handled/heftier razors, as well, the exception being the slant -- I get a better shave from my thin-handled slant than from the HD version. Go figure.

This morning, I'm going with the finest stuff in my collection: Uncle Albert's Solid Cream Shaving Cake Captain's Galley Scent.

I trust your nose, but something about "Captain's Galley" doesn't sound appealing to me...

Chad, I have found that the best way to lather her sample pucks is by dipping the puck in hot water and holding it in the palm of your hand. Load your brush directly like that.

Yeah, I melt the stuff (short bursts in the microwave) into a 3" plastic base for a flower pot ($.48 at my local Wal-Mart!). That provides enough surface area for a good lather. Palm of the hand would work well, too. My only point is that many folks trying Colleen's samples are new wetshavers themselves, sampling lots of different stuff. Those folks may dismiss TGQ as a poor performer if they don't get good lather from their samples. At least, that's what happened to me when I first started wetshaving and ordered some TGQ sample pucks.

Silly me for not looking in the photo forum for this (name changed, again) thread. :001_rolle

Yeah, I could do without the constant moving, as well. I'd rather see mischievous mods (the best kind) join the conversation! (Speaking of that, where's Ian been?)

Finishing a manuscript today, have some razors to clean tonight. My lovely wife is out of town. I'll be around.

Yeah, I've been more active over the past few months. Sitting in the home office all day finishing a dissertation tends to be good for the post count, it seems.

Amen to that; it certainly was for me!

This place has been a sanity-saving distraction.

And this also. I'm glad to be done, but my sanity was often at risk. A few days, (and I think I said this before) the only moments of the day that were quiet and less-/non-stressed were my shaves.

Top Bottom