What's new

The Anything Thread

Gee.. haven't cleaned a squirrel since.... ummm well geez half of my lifetime ago..... I don't recall liking squirrel cleaning. Now rabbit cleaning wasn't bad.

No, Jim the thought never occurred to me to shave them first, other than taking away the hair that you have to in order to clean them.

And yes, cleaning squirrels is no fun at all. I only popped two of them just because I didn't want to clean anymore tonight. :gun_bandana: :chef:

Am I the only one thinking SQUIRREL HAIR BRUSH?

I bet the tails would yield pretty good bristles.

Admit it, you're thinking it, too.

No, Jim the thought never occurred to me to shave them first, other than taking away the hair that you have to in order to clean them.

And yes, cleaning squirrels is no fun at all. I only popped two of them just because I didn't want to clean anymore tonight. :gun_bandana: :chef:
What is your recipe for squirrel?

Cleaning a nice big fox squirrel is too easy. Down here in Southern Georgia we only have an over abundence of tree rats - too small to eat but big enough to f%^k up your garden.

My pellet rifle shoots true - tree rats fear me.

Oh, and good morning TAT'ers. Yes, I know it's early. I'm in one my can't sleep modes and I have an iron-man rifle match to run, and shoot in, in about 4 1/2 hours.

Morning TATers. Could have slept in, but the boy was up at 6am. Oh, well, just had some nice breakfast anyway.

And yeah, -1 on the squirrel brush. No way those bristles are long enough. :001_rolle

Morning all.

We just got back..... my throat and stomach had a nice warm feeling all night. Then I started to go the wrong way on a one way coming home. So the Bourbon must have worked. Now if only it would have kept my toes and fingers warm!

My fault. My wife came home early, forcing a switch to red wine. If I'd stuck with bourbon, I imagine your extremities would've been fine. Heck, you might have been able to fly home...

Oh, and good morning TAT'ers. Yes, I know it's early. I'm in one my can't sleep modes and I have an iron-man rifle match to run, and shoot in, in about 4 1/2 hours.

When you get back, I'd love a brief description of whet this event entails. Sounds like a souped up biathlon, e.g. intense.

Easy day today -- grocery shopping, helping the confirmation kiddies get ready for service tomorrow, and watching the UK game at 5:30. Not a bad day at all. Hope you all have a good one as well.

What is your recipe for squirrel?

Eh, not much of a recipe, but I'll give you the idea:

Heat up veggie oil in pan with a pat of butter and a pinch of minced garlic.

In a mixing bowl, add salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar to your flour. Roll and flip the meat in the bowl until well covered, lay in the hot pan. Fry and enjoy!

Cleaning a nice big fox squirrel is too easy. Down here in Southern Georgia we only have an over abundence of tree rats - too small to eat but big enough to f%^k up your garden.

My pellet rifle shoots true - tree rats fear me.

I don't have too many fox, mostly gray in my woods. Still, either eat well to me.

When you get back, I'd love a brief description of whet this event entails. Sounds like a souped up biathlon, e.g. intense.

Not anything like that. It's an 80 shot service-rifle match shot 200, 300 and 600 yards, iron sights and a sling (my avatar). The iron man is more a reference to who the match is named after - a good friend and my shooting coach. He still holds one long range national title at Camp Perry. One of his sons, and good friend of mine also, is the only junior to ever win the President's Rifle Match at Perry (2004), and the third civilian. He now shoots on the army reserve team.

The other reference to ironman is unlike a regular match there are no sighter shots, no alibis, no excuses and no whining allowed.

Not anything like that. It's an 80 shot service-rifle match shot 200, 300 and 600 yards, iron sights and a sling (my avatar). The iron man is more a reference to who the match is named after - a good friend and my shooting coach. He still holds one long range national title at Camp Perry. One of his sons, and good friend of mine also, is the only junior to ever win the President's Rifle Match at Perry (2004), and the third civilian. He now shoots on the army reserve team.

The other reference to ironman is unlike a regular match there are no sighter shots, no alibis, no excuses and no whining allowed.

Thanks for enlightening me -- I appreciate it! So, how'd you do?

It started snowing here tonight. Pretty, but I'd forgotten how ridiculously horrible DC-area drivers become when faced with a single snowflake. Stipid people -- made me miss the first half of the UK game (Which, as it turns out, may have been good for my blood pressure, after all...)

Thanks for enlightening me -- I appreciate it! So, how'd you do?

I had some problems with my trigger pulling through the 2nd stage and shot like crap but still won the match. It mainly hurt me in the standing at the 200 but I lost a ton of points there.

I was rooting for the Gators more cause me no likey Saban.

just a few more minutes until I cry about my Mizzou Tigers getting whipped by the Sooners.

Hey, the way this day is going, Mizzou has just as much a chance against OU as anyone. Texas still has luck on its side, so OU might lose just to give Texas a chance. Crazy, man, crazy.

Hey, the way this day is going, Mizzou has just as much a chance against OU as anyone. Texas still has luck on its side, so OU might lose just to give Texas a chance. Crazy, man, crazy.

oh aint that sweet of you to give me hope. just enough to crush my dreams.

Top Bottom