What's new

The Anything Thread

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Most of the TAT posting is done during the workday, unfortunately. I can't get on easily during the day, so I miss many of the 'best' convos. :001_rolle

I check during the day now more than when I was working. I could just never bring myself to waste that much time at work when I was working. I also would have been talked to about it and possibly even fired if I spent as much work time as some fellows do on here.

I too, have an academic team (Current Issues and Events) and one of my senior students today informed me that he and his fellow members feared me as though I was the devil incarnate their freshmen year, then their sophomore year they still feared me. Their junior year they didn't fear me as much, but believed I was surely crazy. Now, as Seniors, they say it is their sworn duty to drive me off the edge and leave any doubt behind that I'm crazy. But then I gave him 'that look', and promptly added that they still belief I am the scariest person they've ever met.

BWHOOOHAHAHAA!

Inspiring, isn't it? :001_smile

Good morning everyone. Stayed up late watching a movie then woke up with a massive headache. I am certainly jealous of my wife who gets the day off.

Oh well, time to pack lunch, take the dog out, then start scraping away. Woo hoo... it is a lovely 9F with mild wind.

tonight my daughter has caroling on the courthouse square so we will be standing outside for 2-3 hours in this tonight. Better unpack the thermals...

I too, have an academic team (Current Issues and Events) and one of my senior students today informed me that he and his fellow members feared me as though I was the devil incarnate their freshmen year, then their sophomore year they still feared me. Their junior year they didn't fear me as much, but believed I was surely crazy. Now, as Seniors, they say it is their sworn duty to drive me off the edge and leave any doubt behind that I'm crazy. But then I gave him 'that look', and promptly added that they still belief I am the scariest person they've ever met.

BWHOOOHAHAHAA!

Maybe you should try shaving at work in the classroom just once... that should put the fear of God in 'em.

especially when you get to the "shaving south" portion of the routine. :biggrin:

Maybe you should try shaving at work in the classroom just once... that should put the fear of God in 'em.

especially when you get to the "shaving south" portion of the routine. :biggrin:

Note to self...
Now that Micah is finally back on B&B consistently, just remember to NOT DRINK ANYTHING WHILE READING HIS POSTS!!!!

oh cool...someone just brought a big metal box into my office, has some old A/V (audio/visual, not aqua velva...) equipment in it, they're going to use it to story some Wiis and Wii fits for a health class, but wanted me to check out the equipment and see if anything is usable...agile modulator - definitely usable...old satelite receiver - probably not....microphones, yup...After Dark for DOS....Holy Crap!!!! cool! I was just thinking of this and Johnny Castaway a couple days ago...gotta see if it still works!

Note to self...
Now that Micah is finally back on B&B consistently, just remember to NOT DRINK ANYTHING WHILE READING HIS POSTS!!!!

Gonna be out of pocket for a few again... going out of town for the weekend. You guys try to keep Waldo tied up so he doesn't get loose.

I'm off!

And I'm leaving too.

Micah, permanent placement on the list young man.:angry:

going to get our tree on Sunday before work.
Today is the first day back to work. Yay for me.

Last Spring I took a team to the state level Science Olympiad competition. One of the speakers at the award ceremony was a college student that had dedicated countless hours to help organize the competition. They finish telling about how he has worked so hard and has finished his bachelors a year early yada yada yada... finally, he steps up the podium... and it was a former student! He then happens to tell stories about when he was middle school kid in science olympiad and all the crazy things his coach would say or make them do and how it all makes sense now as being important....

Outstanding. Congrats!

Christmas tree is finished!
just need to slide it back and to the left a bit, tree skirt, then put some presents under there!

The tree I can handle (we did ours last weekend) -- it's the wrapping that I always seem to put off until the last minute. Gift bags may just be my favorite invention (after the DE razor, of course).

BWHOOOHAHAHAA!

Thoroughly :wink:. It's fun to watch them grow more and more comfortable with their surroundings as the 4 (or more :mad:) years go by. Some come to really leave a mark on the department.

tonight my daughter has caroling on the courthouse square so we will be standing outside for 2-3 hours in this tonight. Better unpack the thermals...

I'll drink some bourbon to inspire your warmth this evening. Of course, the telekinetic properties of bourbon are as of yet untested, so I may enjoy the effect a bit more than you do. Still, it's the thought that counts, right?

Glad to see this thread moving a bit more, even if I'm still confused about the feasting on badgers stuff.

Just got back from a round of squirrel hunting. It was too easy. The trees were full of the little bastards just asking to go into the pan. Waited too late in the evening though, as I was finishing cleaning the last one, the sun set on me. Very hard to cut up the little fuzzies with no light. It's not as bad as shaving in the dark, though. That would really be scary. :eek:

I'll drink some bourbon to inspire your warmth this evening. Of course, the telekinetic properties of bourbon are as of yet untested, so I may enjoy the effect a bit more than you do. Still, it's the thought that counts, right?

We just got back..... my throat and stomach had a nice warm feeling all night. Then I started to go the wrong way on a one way coming home. So the Bourbon must have worked. Now if only it would have kept my toes and fingers warm!

Just got back from a round of squirrel hunting. It was too easy. The trees were full of the little bastards just asking to go into the pan. Waited too late in the evening though, as I was finishing cleaning the last one, the sun set on me. Very hard to cut up the little fuzzies with no light. It's not as bad as shaving in the dark, though. That would really be scary. :eek:

did you think about shaving them before skinning them?

Top Bottom