What's new

The Anything Thread

In celebration of the Waldonian New Year, I declare today the beginning of "The Feast of the Badger!" a festival who's start date and length is as indeterminant and as prone to change as is Waldo's location! Let's make this the best "Feast of the Badger" ever!

What sort of festivities should be included in The Feast of the Badger?

Should we make an official announcement in a seperate thread?

Should we ask the mods to stick it on the front page?

Should it be a B&B wide event, or should we just quietly celebrate within the confines of this thread?

I would like to suggest that we start the tradition of telling "The Tale of Wchnu Distraction Girl" as a cautionary account. You know, just to lend a bit of somberness to the occasion, thus giving the appearance legitimacy.

It has just come to my attention that you are back!

Fuzzy, where have you been?
he got suspended awhile back, came back, went to the shave den, and hasn't come out of his hole over there yet...maybe we need a big box, a stick, a long piece of string, and some carrots and cabbiages...

In celebration of the Waldonian New Year, I declare today the beginning of "The Feast of the Badger!" a festival who's start date and length is as indeterminant and as prone to change as is Waldo's location! Let's make this the best "Feast of the Badger" ever!

What sort of festivities should be included in The Feast of the Badger?

Should we make an official announcement in a seperate thread?

I think a seperate thread would be appropriate. "The Feast of the Badger" thread. It should surely draw attention.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I feel so left out of the Scrape of the Day now when I hit the remote button to open the door of my heated garage. :biggrin:

Oh, good Dennis. I was wondering if I twere the only TATer on tonight. I'm thinking about going to shave with my new '48 and a red personna blade. I've got to rise early in the morn and hardly have time for a good shave then.

Most of the TAT posting is done during the workday, unfortunately. I can't get on easily during the day, so I miss many of the 'best' convos. :001_rolle

Most of the TAT posting is done during the workday, unfortunately. I can't get on easily during the day, so I miss many of the 'best' convos. :001_rolle

yeah.... check before work during lunch and after... but usually miss most of the good stuff.

Nonsense. Bring the good stuff now! I'll begin...

The three of us all teach for a living. Got a favorite story or moment when you knew it was all worthwhile? For me, it's a huge pleasure to hear from a student several years later. This happened last summer, when a student who took one of my intro courses wrote me out of the blue to thank me for the outlook on life the course gave him. Definitely made my month.

Nonsense. Bring the good stuff now! I'll begin...

The three of us all teach for a living. Got a favorite story or moment when you knew it was all worthwhile? For me, it's a huge pleasure to hear from a student several years later. This happened last summer, when a student who took one of my intro courses wrote me out of the blue to thank me for the outlook on life the course gave him. Definitely made my month.

Last Spring I took a team to the state level Science Olympiad competition. One of the speakers at the award ceremony was a college student that had dedicated countless hours to help organize the competition. They finish telling about how he has worked so hard and has finished his bachelors a year early yada yada yada... finally, he steps up the podium... and it was a former student! He then happens to tell stories about when he was middle school kid in science olympiad and all the crazy things his coach would say or make them do and how it all makes sense now as being important....

Christmas tree is finished!
just need to slide it back and to the left a bit, tree skirt, then put some presents under there!

Top Bottom