What's new

The 2012 B&B LE Brush. Discussion thread.

Thanks Rudy! Just got back Home on Sunday and #28 of 100 was waiting for me in the mailbox with your stick of Arco!

Nice work.....really a unique brush! Can't wait to break it in very soon!

Thanks Rudy! Number 14/100 was waiting for me when I arrived home this evening. After snapping a quick pic, I have sent her off for a lavender-scented bath in the hope of having her ready for service in the morning.

I have been away for a week and went to the post office to pick up the mail. Number 10 or 100 was waiting for me along with an e Arko shave stick. Tried it for the first time today and was totally impressed.

got my shavemac #29 brush last week. Now, I am not all that knowledgable of brushes and only have a few in my rotation, but this brush is without question, the best of the bunch! I like the size and how the brush picks up lather. I get the best spread of shaving soap on my face, with just the right amount of moisture. I have no way of knowing if this is due more to the knot, or just the fact the brush was hand-made by Rudy with the commensurate level of attention, but any of you folks on the edge of buying or not buying, this is the consumate "no brainer" purchase. I was not sure about the shape of the handle either, but it works really well - better than you would think. Just the right size and weight. The limited edition engraving at the bottom of the handle is a very nice touch. WELL DONE!

I just reveived a notification that my brush is held in customs...:mad3:

Now I have to pay up AND the brush will be sent to the main customs office in Leipzig (hundreds of kilometres away) and THEN back to me.... :cursing:

Or I can drive 100 km to get it from customs myself. Hell and damnation!!

:gun_bandana:

OK, Minimalist May has me using my Semogue 2011 LE Bristle 2 every day, but in 15 days I'm going to take on the B&B LE and another brush for June. Are you guys face-lathering or bowl-lathering with the new LE with the Shavemac knot? It'll make a difference which brush I pair it with for alternate days; if the prevalent use seems to be face-lathering, I'm going to pair it with my 610, or finally break in the Semogue 2011 LE Bristle 1 that I haven't even test lathered yet.

I've been face/head lathering and shaving in the shower (using the stainless straights with acrylic scales) for the last month or so.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
After two shaves with #049, I have to say that this brush may never bloom- it's that dense.

Two quick points-
1) Brilliant idea to ship with an Arko stick. No brand new badger smell to deal with. :thumbup1:

2) How do you get rid of the Arko smell? :lol:

Got #20 with the D01 hair last week and have had several excellent shaves with it. Not only is the D01 dense but is barely blooming. This brush will have a long break in. My first thought when I held this brush and then when I shaved with it is that this brush has the feel and performance and "je ne sais quoi" excellence of a Simpsons (in a good way!).
It's not a total clone of a Simpsons. But the handle material and vibe really does remind me of one. The knot feels different from my favorite Simpsons 2-band but of equivalent quality with some similarities. I am simply stunned and very happy with this brush.

I had the 2011 LE from Rudy, the butterscotch Stubby, er, Tubby, er OK, Chubby clone with the penworks knot. It is a nice brush, very good value & performance for the monies charged. But this brush takes it to a whole new level. It's special.

Outstanding group buy - it's why I keep coming back to 'em. Thanks to all who put this on and to Rudy for cranking these out for the membership!

Got #20 with the D01 hair last week and have had several excellent shaves with it. Not only is the D01 dense but is barely blooming. This brush will have a long break in. My first thought when I held this brush and then when I shaved with it is that this brush has the feel and performance and "je ne sais quoi" excellence of a Simpsons (in a good way!).
Far better IMHO.
Now, given that all of my Simpsons are "Best" or "Super", and the most expensive was quite a few bucks under this one...

But of my 3 Simpsons, only the Rover knot has the same "body" as this RV.

Top Bottom