What's new

The 2012 B&B LE Brush. Discussion thread.

Which TGN knot is it precisely, by the way? I never managed to find out, but I'd love to use it in my first attempt at brusch restoration.

TGN Finest. The knot diameter is 22mm, but the hole they're mounted in is 23-24mm if I'm reading the description right here in the original offer post. I got the Shavemac in the LE, but have restored the two brushes in my avatar with TGN Finest 24mm knots, and they are both outstanding (one's fan, one's bulb).

Every time this one jumps into my hand it makes for a wonderful shave. I'm really enjoying watching it go to work on a tub of SMN at the moment.

I have the 17/100 D01 knot. It has to be my ideal brush. I liek the handle and I like the firmness of the knot for a two band. I haven't used it yet! I have a couple TGN finests that I have been using. The TGN 20 finest XH bulb rocks and the 26 isn't far behind. I really want to try it but I am thinking it gaining in value everyday as the others cave.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's certainly given me a whole new perspective on the keyhole design for a handle selection.
I never cared for the looks of the keyhole, but having gotten this one, the fit is just perfect ergonomics.

It's certainly given me a whole new perspective on the keyhole design for a handle selection.
I never cared for the looks of the keyhole, but having gotten this one, the fit is just perfect ergonomics.

Couldn't agree more.

I was hesitant to order due to the design, but thought I could always pass it on - that is not going to happen :biggrin1:

Amen brothers.

This D01 knot and handle design has opened up an entirely new depth of SBAD for me.
No longer am I happy with the Simpson "Best" and I'm even feeling silvertips are a bit "floppy"
I LOVE the backbone.

Of course, having only rack space to store 5 brushes, I've now retired two... the EJ Best was retired from the rack and replaced by the RV LE.
The Simpson Commodore was retired (it was never one of my favorites, IMHO, no better than the 57) and replaced by an Emperor-2 2-band Super.

As fine as the RV LE 2011 is, the RV LE 2012 with the D01 is perfection. The only one I have that comes close is a Samber Antler D01. I have quickly become a fan of the D01 knots.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
As fine as the RV LE 2011 is, the RV LE 2012 with the D01 is perfection. The only one I have that comes close is a Samber Antler D01. I have quickly become a fan of the D01 knots.

Indeed.

I have the 17/100 D01 knot. It has to be my ideal brush. I liek the handle and I like the firmness of the knot for a two band. I haven't used it yet! I have a couple TGN finests that I have been using. The TGN 20 finest XH bulb rocks and the 26 isn't far behind. I really want to try it but I am thinking it gaining in value everyday as the others cave.

Ummmm, errr, I caved. Another week or so and should be "broke in".

Top Bottom