What's new

Tell me you're crazy without telling me your crazy....

This is the longest I have gone without shaving since I started shaving when I was a teen (20ish years). I got hooked on wet shaving the old fashioned way when I was in college and this site had only a few hundred members (if my memory serves me correctly).I haven't shaved in about a month now. I am intending on growing a full beard and yet, yet I still find myself curiously drawn to peruse this site at what people are shaving with. I have three new shaving soaps in my Amazon cart. And now I am asking myself why I want a beard after all....

I am beginning to think I have issues!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Yes, you have issues.

Some time after starting SR shaving, I once managed to go a full 48 hours without shaving, preparing for a traditional SR barber's shave. I was so stressed that after the first 24 hours, I had to "shave" with a bladeless shavette.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Over the years I’ve gone 2+ years without shaving twice now. All the while surfing B&B everyday. The great thing about B&B is there are just as many non-shaving fora as their are shaving fora. And those other other forums will cost you twice the money

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Yes, you have issues.

Some time after starting SR shaving, I once managed to go a full 48 hours without shaving, preparing for a traditional SR barber's shave. I was so stressed that after the first 24 hours, I had to "shave" with a bladeless shavette.
48 hours! That’s insane. I feel your pain. A few years ago I had to start taking a shavette camping with me.

I went almost a full week without shaving, once, a long time ago. The itching was miserable. And the feeling of relief after scraping the growth off my face was like coming to the surface of a pool after holding my breath for too long.

OP, a full month? I hope you find that it builds character. I'll have to make do without.

Haha, my dad made a crack at my face every time he saw me a few years ago when I did the same thing. He's a shave- every- day kind of guy. I actually just ordered some speick and tabac shaving soap last night and my wife was relieved when she learned my beard's days are numbered. I stopped using SE and DE razors after using them for years a few years back due to inconsistency in shaving experience. One day I'd get an amazing shave and then the next I'd have a horribly uncomfortable hack job. I still use a brush and currently Proraso and Harry's cartridge razor. I don't even know if I still own any SE or DE razors add I sold most of them when I switched. My favorite was Gem SE. Used to the was some scientific supply store online where guys would buy SE blades in packs of 100 that were very good but I don't remember what it is or if it still sells the blades. I am thinking of getting back into old fashioned shaving.

indeed, perhaps good intentions, but intervention is needed here!

Come On Wow GIF by LAIKA Studios

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
But if I don't shave how am I ever going to use up my soaps and blades, I'll have to leave them to my children in my will.

I guess the longest I've gone in my life is about 4 days when I was really sick with the flu. Even then I could use my electric Norelco. Since discovering DE, I don't think I've exceeded 3 days.

Time to ‘man up!’

At least that would be the case for me as I enjoy my daily shaves too much to skip a day.

:straight::straight:

As a man with a beard this post is confusing... Cheek beard lines and more importantly the neck still need to be shaved!!!

Top Bottom