What's new

TECH Tuesday

Today: Gold fat-handled tech with a vintage Wilkinson Sword blade, mystic water cedar & sage, Booster Mosswood AS and Speick EDT. Nice :thumbup:

Two Tuesday's in a row with this one

BRW (cooncatbob) custom Claro Walnut razor and brush set (Tech head)

proxy.php

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Purchased a NOS Ball Handled TECH from an antique store the other day and am trying to decide if i should use it this Tech Tuesday. It came in a red Gillette cardboard box which has an ink stamp that reads, 'Gift of the American Red Cross. Not for resale.'

Should I use it or display it?

Tech head with a Muhle Grande handle paired with a Wilkinson Sword blade, Proraso cream, butterscotch badger, witch hazel and Alt Innsbruck.
$DSCN2110.jpg

Cut my hand and spent last night in the emergency room. My TECH Tuesday is rescheduled till tomorrow. I think I'll break out a NOS blade I found at a garage sale. I might actually shave this PM, but probably tomorrow AM

///"Tech head with a Muhle Grande handle"///

Why would anyone swap the nice original tech handle and replace it with a slippery one?

Tech Tuesday shave.
Fat handled Tech
Kent W21 Brush
Mikes natural soap - Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper
St Ives Apricot Scrub
Generic Witch Hazel
Blue Bird blade
Ice Cube rub

Didnt like this shave that much as it was my first shave with a Tech, probably going to sell it soon and stick with my adjustable.
$Photo0326.jpg

Hey gentlemen, first post for Tech Tuesday. I've put all my other razors aside lately and have been shaving with a Tech almost exclusively for the past two weeks.

Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Feather Blade
Simpsons Colonel
T&H 1805 shaving cream
Nivea Energy aftershave splash

proxy.php

The Gillette Super Stainless get a mixed review. Quick work above the jaw line and uncomfortable below the jaw line.

Not spoiled.

Tech Tuesday's Shave: 6/12/12 Evening Shave

Prep: Noxzema w/ Hot Steam Towel
Brush: VDH Boar
Lather: QSC Monaco (made into shave stick)
Razor: Pre-War Tech w/ Merkur 1904 Handle
Blade: Feather
Shave: 3 Passes
After: Cold water rinses / Witch Hazel Splash / Dior 'Savage'

$IMG_0050.jpg

No-date-code Tech ('40-ish), Crystal blade, Proraso Pre, Proraso Red, Parker Pure, Proraso Green AS. It was a good start to the day.

Next, I need to try my new no-date-code SS that I just polished up.

///"Tech head with a Muhle Grande handle"///

Why would anyone swap the nice original tech handle and replace it with a slippery one?

Just to try it. The Muhle handle is not slippery and adds a nice weight to the overall razor that results in a great shave. Have others (handles) that work better but the Muhle is not bad. Tech handle is uncomfortable for me to shave with as I keep looking for a comfortable way to grasp it. It is on the small, light side for me.

Top Bottom