What's new

Order of the Veg Unmasked

I poured a sample bottle of Pinaud Bay Rum into it; didn’t help. I added about 4 ounces of Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Big improvement. I may be able to use it afterall.

I can understand not liking a scent. There are many I don't care for.
When asked, I might mention I think a certain scent is unpleasant, but I don't spend time like some folks do posting in every single LV thread, ragging on it, and going on about cat urine.
Likewise with Arko.
I just don't get it.
There'd be reported posts out the yin yang if I went in every thread about popular colognes and aftershaves, or popular soaps and said every scent I don't care for smelled like dead skunk.
Repeatedly.
Obviously not directed at the OP because this was started as a poke fun thread, but there are nasty comments IN EVERY LV OR ARKO thread on this site.

There is a TERM I use when I want to be polite, after someone gift me , or give me a Cigar, then I hate it, it has no flavor, or is just horrible. If asked how was it I say being polite, INTERESTING.

This could be use instead of I hate the smell, it stinks, etc. INTERESTING.:cursing:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There is a TERM I use when I want to be polite, after someone gift me , or give me a Cigar, then I hate it, it has no flavor, or is just horrible. If asked how was it I say being polite, INTERESTING.

This could be use instead of I hate the smell, it stinks, etc. INTERESTING.:cursing:
I believe that most are just trying to be funny, but it's so repetitious and constant that it wears one down.
It's why the doctor gives people that exhausted look when someone asks him if they'll be able to play the piano after the operation.
He's heard it so much, it's just tiring.

proxy.php

I am not one of the chosen, but then again I have only tried it 3 times. I picked up some 5oz glass hot sauce bottles with orifice reducers from the river store and have decanted it into 2 of the bottles. I still have an ounce or two left in the plastic bottle so I can see if there is any difference.

I do want to like it as the Mrs does and has complimented me when I have used it. I will try it again in a week or so to see how if it changes a bit after being stored in a glass bottle.

I am not one of the chosen, but then again I have only tried it 3 times. I picked up some 5oz hot sauce bottles with orifice reducers from the river store and have decanted it into 2 of the bottles. I still have an ounce or two left in the plastic bottle so I can see if there any difference.

I do want to like it as the Mrs does and has complimented me when I have used it. I will try it again in a week or so to see how if it changes a bit after being stored in a glass bottle.
It doesn’t help

Said it before. An actual woman is on record for complimenting my choice of The Veg.

And it doesn't matter that it was Mom. It had nothing to do with me being her son, or the fact she's never in her life seen or smelled a urinal puck. It was more along the lines of why women are hired in Antwerp to discern diamonds of the clearest purity. That whole rods and cones thing with the eyes...except this time it was with the nose.

A free cigar beats no cigar any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

When I first noticed the Order of the Veg thread I was intrigued. I read the glowing reviews of this olfactory wonder and knew I had to have it. I wanted to share in the experience and join the ranks of the noble order.

I sought it out and found it, a single bottle in a discount pharmacy. It was so tightly sealed that I couldn’t sample it, but I bought it scent unsmelled. With much anticipation I opened it at home and took a whiff. Uuuuggghhh! was my first reaction.

Perhaps it was better when applied? I shaved as usual, rinsed off and splashed on a healthy dose. Still uuuggghhh!

An hour later, I smelled even worse. And I had 12 ozs. of the stuff. And then it hit me. I was pranked, it was a gag, I was suckered and now they all could have their big laugh at my smelly expense. Hah, hah.

But as the weeks went by I realized something: anyone who would go out in public willingly smelling like a jiffy-john was one courageous fellow. It took a real man to stink like that in polite company. I began to feel differently about it. Maybe that’s what the Order of the Veg is all about, brave men who go forth reeking of cat pee and funeral home unashamed of their stench, offending the nostrils of all they encounter without concern, secure in the self that lurks beneath the odor. It takes a real man to walk around smelling like this.

So fellow stinkers, be proud of your stink, wear it boldly, for it is the stench of honor, of dignity and, most of all, courage. All hail the Order of the Veg !!! I proudly proclaim my membership

Unfortunately, this is similar to my experience with the addition that LOTH said, ‘Smells like the cat misbehaved!’

Initially, I was not one of the chosen and understood all the comments about the scent. However, I followed the advice of others, decanted into glass, and left the bottle alone on the shelf for about a month. The next time I applied it, the scent profile had changed and I can proudly say I'm chosen. Interestingly, when I ran out of the 1st bottle, the 2nd bottle was purchased and poured into the same glass bottle and still carried the lilac aroma the VEG is known for. I'm planning on buying 2 more bottles just to make sure.

marty

Around 1965 (yes I am that old....) my pediatrician's office was in the back of the pharmacy. The pharmacy always smelled like the Veg. So it never has registered as anything else but that to me. Guess that is why I like it.

Top Bottom