Soap: Clubman
Razor: Early 1940s French Gillette Bakelite Tech [on Phoenix Filament handle]
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (2)
ASL: La Rive Cabana

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

The French Bakelite Tech is an excellent razor (for me). :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

20240220_093054.jpg

After what seems like forever, I finally have a Tuesday morning to myself. It is thus time for a Tech Tuesday shave. To mark the occasion I decided to make it a special one by throwing a little experiment into the mix. But not just any experiment, I have decided that I shall invent the "English Ball Handle Flat Bottom Tech". All that I needed to do for this creation to come alive, is to simply take the handle from my 1920s English Old Type & attach it to an English Flat Bottom Tech's head.
20240220_093409.jpg

The first thing that strikes me about this creation, is just how darn good this handle & head combination looks. It looks like something that Gillette had actually produced back in the day. Secondly I was expecting this Frankenrazor to be on the top heavy side. However I have found it to be not the case, possibly because I already have a heavy head & light handle Frankenrazor. That if you are wondering is a combination of ESC Braveheart head with a Razoremporium replica Gillette ball end handle. During the shave itself I found that the Flat Bottom Ball Handle Tech to be light and nimble. Obviously not as light as an actual Ball end handle, but light and nimble nevertheless. However one thing that it does have in common with the conventional Ball Handle Tech, is that it serves as a good rebuttal to the theory that a razor needs to be heavy. This has got to be the smoothest wtg and xtg shave that I have had in ages.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It looks like I'll be able to join you fine gentlemen when we get home from Bali in less than two weeks now. I have a 1932 Canada Tech on the way now.... It's supposed to show up at our house on March 12th or so.. and we get back on the 17th.... I do hope it beats us there.

I'll probably use a different handle as I've used the "fat" Gillette Tech handles and they feel a bit too small for me. I have several titanium handles that will work well, so that won't be a problem... Learning how to shave well with a Tech? That's another story. ;)

Top Bottom