What's new

TECH Tuesday

I find a lot of decent techs for around $10 on the bay. Got this 1946-50 Gold Tech recently that looks practically brand new and came with 3 other razors for $30 including shipping. A decent 1954 gold tech with a little wear, a really nice 1930's long comb and a 1954 super speed flare in beautiful condition. Techs are a nice shave and there are plenty of deals out there if you look.

Attachments

• 20231110_143559.jpg
    20231110_143559.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
I find a lot of decent techs for around $10 on the bay. Got this 1946-50 Gold Tech recently that looks practically brand new and came with 3 other razors for $30 including shipping.
Super nice catch! I always have to add $30 just for shipping! But maybe in some twisted way it’sa good thing, because otherwise I would be buying Techs by the dozen!

Enjoy! It looks to be in a really nice condition.

Guido

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Super nice catch! I always have to add $30 just for shipping! But maybe in some twisted way it’sa good thing, because otherwise I would be buying Techs by the dozen!

Enjoy! It looks to be in a really nice condition.

Guido
Techs are cheaper buy the dozen! My last tech was my birth quarter A4, $20.00 shipped just a week ago.

~doug~

My first Tech was supposed to arrive yesterday, but it got held up until today. Been reading a lot about these razors and love the history of them and the loyalty folks have towards them. I believe this is a 38-45 fat handle but I could be wrong. Anyway, about to go give it a go for my third EVER double edge shave. Think I'll do a little comparison with the Merkur 41c.

Attachments

• IMG_3771.jpeg
    IMG_3771.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3772.jpeg
    IMG_3772.jpeg
    616.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3774.jpeg
    IMG_3774.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
My weekly reminder that I don’t need to buy a new razor. I love all the pics of gleaming Techs that have been replated - maybe one day I’ll have one done. But I also love how gracefully these beauties age, particularly the models with the coppery colored brass underneath gold wash.
IMG_5903.jpeg

My weekly reminder that I don’t need to buy a new razor. I love all the pics of gleaming Techs that have been replated - maybe one day I’ll have one done. But I also love how gracefully these beauties age, particularly the models with the coppery colored brass underneath gold wash.View attachment 1751918

My post war tech has no plating left and I love it. I wouldn't replate mine either.

Date28.11.2023
365 daily shaves
332/365
NOCvember
28/30
Lasta’s Blade Stash09/32

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette Prewar Canadian TechGillette Silver Blue (2)Semogue Cherry Finest
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Kox Dutchy Bergamot
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)9/10 (Minor red spots)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary - Another superb shave with the GSB blade. And the Tech wasn’t too bad either :wink2:

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Non-Tech savvy. Any thoughts on how this would shave: '70s military production spiral Tech from England. Apparently NOS.
Should shave in the upper range of mild with a little blade feel. My postwar (1950s) is quite effective.

Those Techs are likely to be aluminium so they will be light as a balloon which does something to your pressure if you are not careful.

And I believe the cap is Zamak so some care post shave is needed to keep it in shape.

Enjoy!

Guido

Top Bottom