What's new

TECH Tuesday

Post war fat handle - just as smooth as ever. 2 pass dfs.
IMG_3291.jpeg

Tech Tuesday shave

Razor: Gillette Ball End Tech, 1954
Blade: Vi-John Super Platinum (new)
Soap: Tabac Original
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synthetic
Post shave: Omega alum block, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger

Today's shave was mild. The Tech was easy going, as usual. The Vi-John blade was a little tuggy and didn't seem quite as sharp as normal. But, in the three pass shave, there were no weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. The shave wasn't quite as close as some, but it's adequate, BBS wasn't accomplished today. But, I got to shave and it's a beautiful day!

9/10 A nice, easy shave.

Have a great day and enjoy your shaves!

Wednesday shave

Razor: Gillette Ball End Tech 1954
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (new)
Soap: ARKO!
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar
Post Shave: Omega alum block, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter <Fabulous!

Yes, I know it's not Tuesday, but every day is a good day to use a Tech!

This isn't a normal shave day for me, it's usually every other day. But once in a while, I have a shave that leaves me pondering why it wasn't better. That was the case yesterday, I used this razor with a Vi-John blade with this razor. Although the shave was sort of OK, it wasn't as good as I like.
So, today I shaved with the same razor, but with an Astra Superior Platinum. And Superior it was! The Astra SP delivered a stunningly wonderful shave.

This was a three pass shave. No weepers, nicks, cuts. No irritation. All around great results. So gratifying after yesterday's slightly disappointing shave.

9.85/10

Have a good hump day and enjoy your shaves!

Modern May '23 on FrankenTech Tuesday

Cream: Cremo original
Razor/Blade:
Face/Neck/Head - Frankenrazor: pre-war Ca Tech baseplate, PAA Meta-4 brass top cap, PAA 3.25" flair tip w/ Personna Lab
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

full

100/💯

Wow, surprisingly efficient. This was a terrific shave. This seemed so mild until I realized while doing my neck I was exfoliating. This is a great combo. There's actually a blade loaded in that picture. It clamps down on it and reveals very little.blade.

Getting ready for tomorrow's Tech Tuesday I noticed I missed posting last Tech Tuesday's shave. Tomorrow's shave will be interesting. Today I did the Meta-4 top cap on an English flat bottom Tech and it was not a good shave. Extremely mild.

Last week's shave
[Cream: Barbasol 1919
Razor/Blade:
Face/Neck/Head - Hybrid Tech w/ Personna Blue
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

full

Another 💯/💯

Outstanding. Hybrid is completely accurate. The shave was nothing like I expected. Felt more like I was shaving with a NEW long comb then I was a tech but better. I seem to be able to clog up my long combs if I don't remember to rinse more often. I didn't have that problem with the Hybrid Tech.

No blade feel, smooth shaving, and efficient. I guess it also reminded me of the FrankenTech using the PAA Meta-4 top cap on my Ca Pre-war Tech.

Top Bottom