3AE7BBBA-FD65-4B0E-99A0-F7A7D67590C6.jpeg

Vintage April/Tabac Tuesday/Tech Tuesday

Razor: Gillette Brass Ball Handle Tech w/copper cap
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (new)
Soap: Tabac Original (Tallow)
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional Boar
Post shave: Omega alum block
Aftershave: Thayers Witch Hazel, Captain's Choice Italia

This was a three pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG) with some buffing. Truly excellent results with no weepers, nicks or irritation.

9.5/10

Have a great day and even better shaves. :thumbup:

Tech Tuesday
Vintage April

Pre-Shave: warm water
Razor: Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush: Shavemac Beagle
Lather: Kent Luxury Shave Soap
Post-Shave: cold water, alum block & GFT Ecuris Skinfood

20230404_171121.jpg

Today was just a wtg & xtg shave, yet the results were about as close as I would get from my usual strategy of wtg & atg, on other razors. The only issues being a few weepers resulting from an experimental J-turn. However these were no match for my alum block

Happy shaves gents :thumbup1:

I don't care if it's not Tuesday, Techs are so great, I just had to post about today's shave!

Wednesday Shave

Razor: Gillette Pre-war Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Voskhod (new)
Soap: Cella red, tub
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synthetic
Post Shave: Omega alum block, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Ice Blue Aqua Velva

This test was primarily for the reevaluation of a blade that I've used once before with unsatisfactory results. It was a three pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG) with a generous amount of buffing.

The Voskhod blade performed better than the previous shave, but is IMO, not quite up to the level of sharpness of other blades I routinely use. Mission accomplished on the reevaluation of this blade.

The shave was pleasant, but required some extra work to get an acceptable result.

No weepers, nicks, cuts or irritation. A good shave, but not quite excellent.

9/10

Have a terrific hump day and enjoy those shaves! :thumbup1:

Tech Tuesday shave

Razor: Gillette Ball End Tech Z3 (1954)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Soap: Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight Copper
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional Boar
Post Shave: Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter

What a shave! All the components of today's shave worked together to produce a marvelous shave. I normally skimp on soap, but had enough left to get two marginal shaves, or indulge in using much more soap than usual. It was a very satisfying bowl full of lather! The Captain's Choice leaves a LOT of residual slickness which is a good thing.

This was a three pass shave: WTG, XTG, ATG. Some buffing required, but the residual slickness of the lather eliminated any irritation from slightly over-shaving. I got one tiny weeper that went away on its own, otherwise perfect!

This was an excellent shave in every way.

10/10

Have a good day, gents and enjoy your shaves! :)

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Tech Tuesday Morning SOTD

Razor:
Prewar Tech
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Brush: 2022 Contributors Brush
Soap: MdC Agrumes
ASL: Pinaud Clubman
20230411_073404.jpg

I decided to combine Synthetic Sunday, MdC Monday, and Tech Tuesday all together, and my prewar tech got the nod today.
With the synthetic brush whipping up a mountainous volume of lather on my face I started with an ATG pass, and finished up with a WTG pass for another very close shave with one of my techs.
Amazing razors they are.
The Witch hazel let me know the shave was close with a tinge, the Pinaud Clubman burned, and the Nivea balm was a nice finishing touch to a pretty good shave.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tech Tuesday
Razor: Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech (@Rosseforp GTS 25G Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (5)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Tub Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
20230418_105804~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12208686

Todays vintage razor shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: Gillette Prewar Canadian Tech. It’s Tech Tuesday after all.

Blade: Brand new Permasharp.

Soap/cream: Baume. Be And its done

Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro boost

Aftershave: DR Harris Sandalwood.

DFS

April 18

Razor: Gillette Tech (Canadian Pre-war w/ aluminum handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (9)
Brush: Semogue SOC Two-band
P/S: PAA Ice Cube (as stick)
Soap: La Toja stick
A/S: Tuff Green splash (unscented) + Osage Rub

DFS+

I think this was the original handle. I have many different Techs, so it's difficult to be sure sometimes. Very light and agile combo. The Canadian Pre-war Tech is a favorite.

My first Tech Tuesday post.

Razor: 1932 Canada Pre War Tech

Blade: Muhle
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Areffa Kentucky Bourbon
Aftershave: Areffa Kentucky Bourbon Splash and Proraso White (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face)

This is my first time using this razor and I am impressed! I thought the EFT Tech was good (which was also my 1st shave with it) but yea this went better (probably more familiar with it). It's way too early to compare (and no need to) but I am just super impressed by the razor. I wanted to used this on 3 day growth on Sunday but things happened, oh well so I was hesitant to use it on 5 days growth, thought it would not do a good job but from the get go it was really, really efficient and smooth, I was really impressed by it!

The Muhle blade, it was on "King C blades are not rebranded plats" and Chandu tried these with a few other blades to compare (much thanks for that). I tried these before when I first started wet shaving and was not impressed but based on that I gave them another chance. They did really well with this tech and the amount of growth I had. I also have thick, coarse facial hair so even more impressive to me.

The Post Shave feel with the Areffa Kentucky Bourbon soap (loaded up the brush but didn't care was totally worth it), the Splash and using Prorasso white later on was really great.

Overall, terrific shave on 5 days growth, very happy, no cuts, weepers, nick, irritation. This was a WTG, WTG with touch ups, ATG and I got a DFS+/BBS, very happy with it.

20230425_193923.jpg

Now I am really asking this to make sure. I went and looked at Mr Razor and various pictures on this site and posts of Techs but I want to make sure I got this one right. This is the 1932 Pre War Canada Tech? Here are the pictures with it. Please let me know I want to make sure, like really make sure. Thanks ahead of time.

20230425_194027.jpg

20230425_194043.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My first Tech Tuesday post.

Razor: 1932 Canada Pre War Tech

Blade: Muhle
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Areffa Kentucky Bourbon
Aftershave: Areffa Kentucky Bourbon Splash and Proraso White (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face)

This is my first time using this razor and I am impressed! I thought the EFT Tech was good (which was also my 1st shave with it) but yea this went better (probably more familiar with it). It's way too early to compare (and no need to) but I am just super impressed by the razor. I wanted to used this on 3 day growth on Sunday but things happened, oh well so I was hesitant to use it on 5 days growth, thought it would not do a good job but from the get go it was really, really efficient and smooth, I was really impressed by it!

The Muhle blade, it was on "King C blades are not rebranded plats" and Chandu tried these with a few other blades to compare (much thanks for that). I tried these before when I first started wet shaving and was not impressed but based on that I gave them another chance. They did really well with this tech and the amount of growth I had. I also have thick, coarse facial hair so even more impressive to me.

The Post Shave feel with the Areffa Kentucky Bourbon soap (loaded up the brush but didn't care was totally worth it), the Splash and using Prorasso white later on was really great.

Overall, terrific shave on 5 days growth, very happy, no cuts, weepers, nick, irritation. This was a WTG, WTG with touch ups, ATG and I got a DFS+/BBS, very happy with it.

View attachment 1644464

Now I am really asking this to make sure. I went and looked at Mr Razor and various pictures on this site and posts of Techs but I want to make sure I got this one right. This is the 1932 Pre War Canada Tech? Here are the pictures with it. Please let me know I want to make sure, like really make sure. Thanks ahead of time.

View attachment 1644469

View attachment 1644470
All prewar tech's have triangular slots.

~doug~

Top Bottom