What's new

Tech clone PIF

Okay, been on a razor binge recently and picked up a bunch of vintage Gillette razors. So much that I need to make room since I also binged on a bunch of vintage slants. So for one of you lucky ones, I want to PIF my favorite Gillette Tech clone - my RR Teck II. This one comes with the original slippery, overweight handle which I dipped in Plasti Dip to make it manageable. If you want something overweight and slippery, you can peel the coating off without a problem. Don't be fooled by the fact that this is a cheap razor, it is efficient and shaves well and is a very good representation of a late model Tech.

I would prefer new members just starting their journey, and especially those that are thinking about getting a Gillette Tech. To be considered, just reply by posting "Teck Tu Brute".

You have until July 28, 2017. Winner will be chosen next Saturday. I have a second PIF going on for an Old Type clone and so if you want to be considered for that, you need to go to that thread.

CONUS only please on account that I'm cheap (why else would I possess an $8 razor).
DSC01692.JPG

Teck Tu Brute

I am excited to try a tech as I have no clue if my hand me down slim is adjusted correctly lol. Something to be said about simplicity.

Thanks for the oportunity

I'm not in, either, but I can see why you've been able to buy so many razors.... saving on haircuts.. Good Thinkin'

One of my easy shave heads. The results are usually at least a DFS, but then I rarely go beyond two passes, sometimes just one. Good thinking regarding the use of Plasti Dip. Not in, but wishing lots of nice shaves to whoever ends up receiving it.

Teck Tu Brute :D

I have a Merkur 34C (or was it an EJ? I don't remember, thew the box to recycle a few days ago :( ) I overtightened the threads and have a nice V-shape of thread damage that spans up from the bottom to top covering 15% of the circumference at the top. Combined with hard water, I'm not sure how long it is going to survive. Very disappointed than a $40 investment was damaged so easily.

I went to a hotel and used a double-bladed disposable and they pull much more than a DE with Astra SP blades. I also shave my head which I don't even want to attempt using a disposable.

As with my usual PIFs where there are more folks saying they are NOT in rather than in, I actually found some folks that were in. Was a tough call, but the random number generator selected @Thisguyruns as the winner. He has already been contacted and responded. Thanks all for participating (and not participating but showing support).

Thanks for the Razor I had a great shave! I did remove the plastidip and didn't find it to be a problem. It is super smooth and I might like it better than my slim. Can't wait to shave with it again.

Top Bottom