Here is a cheap copy........and has both closed and open combs.....for $9

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 13
PM sent. Hope you haven't bought it quite yet.
Thank you very much, my dear friend!

With Tanuki on the rules, plus he's not asking it's value - he's asking if it's a good deal. There is a subtle difference. Or it's possible I'm being too Belgian about this. We are rule breakers after all 😎

That's beyond sad.

Regarding the oc Tech, I think I've seen maybe one for sale in Europe over the past two years. Given the fact that it's pretty hard to get I would feel 55 dollars isn't too bad a price. I dont know how it shaves, ofcourse. If it's shave is similar to a modern Tech design (as suggested by Ivan) then it might not be worth it. But YMMV ofcourse and I do love a good Tech. 🥰
Thank you for your answer, my friend.
We share the same point of view…

This ^^^

Never seen one, so apparently it is rare. I'd love to own one.

The question (to the OP) is:

What is it worth to you?
That is exactly the question, my friend.
I will have to think it over.

Thank you very much for your words.

I would buy it at that price, but I have bought a lot of razors that I probably shouldn't have bought, so I'm not sure I'm the kind of person you should be asking for advice. 🤣
Hahaha!
Exactly like me!!!

Nice find (ever more so if it's a legit copy).

I've a Tech which sports one of said unstamped SB baseplates, too. I've no clue if the plateis a fake one (likely) or not. But the shaves with it are just as fine as with any other SB Tech, so there's no need to question the tool...

I'd love to own an OC Tech, but as @Shaun asleep correctly stated, they are indanely rare on the European side of the pond.

Let us know how she shaves (if you decide to pull the trigger) @Beto Salatini ... 😀
This curiosity is the thing that attracts me the most, my dear friend!
The story of my life. :c1:
Hahahaha!
Perfect!
❤️🪒

Here is a cheap copy........and has both closed and open combs.....for $9
Wow!!!!
Thank you, my friend!

Thank you, my friend!

Cheers!
❤️🪒

I've only seen a few for sale and spoke with another B&B member in the past about these. They thought they were only available in a few markets like France and South Africa. I wasn't sure they made and sold them with Gillette Caps, I only remember seeing them with the etched Nacet and Minora caps but I'm not an expert on these.

I did pick up one of those Lord L6s for OCtober. I've been wanting one, just needed a reason to pick one up.

I wasn't sure they made and sold them with Gillette Caps, I only remember seeing them with the etched Nacet and Minora caps but I'm not an expert on these.
Yes, they have made them also with the Gillette caps, not only Nacet and Minora. Mostly for the French colonies, as these are hard to find even in France. Here Did Gillette Techs come in an open comb version? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/did-gillette-techs-come-in-an-open-comb-version.493207/post-8311699 The NOS ones in that post are the early 60s where the OC plate is still the 50s style. The razor in the original post in this thread is with the later 60s style plate (see the notches).

Top Bottom