What's new

Tea Lovers and your favorite brands

Fellow B&B member Pinoysteel who resides in HK was kind enough to provide me with a oolong(*** kuan yim)excellent. Also i am very fond of an India product,Tulsi,which claims to be stress relieving and energizing. This has a pleasant flavour and is nice prior to bedtime.

Sadly, I cannot tolerate caffeine. So I am forced into the caffeine-free and de caffeinated side of things. One of the teas I really love is Mariage Freres Rouge Bourbon. Tealuxe also has a similar tea in its Bin 243 Vanilla Rooibus.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 209
Just loose leaf types, really. Currently I have about 30-35 on my tea shelf, and am not sure that I have any one specific favourite. I am fortunate that we have a booming tea culture in my city, as well as a strong Asian presence, so there are an abundance of very excellent teas available locally.

I'm sure a lot of people here aren't fond of it, but I get most of my loose leaf tea from Teavana. I know it's a fairly large chain, but I really like the selection that they have. I haven't ordered tea in awhile, so it's hard to say what my favorites are. I just joined the forums and had no idea there was a section on tea/coffee.

Taylor's Yorkshire Tea for everyday quaff, Ahmad's Black Tea with Cardamom for weekends.

Twining's green tea the rest of the time, or pretty much any Yogi tea in the evenings.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm sure a lot of people here aren't fond of it, but I get most of my loose leaf tea from Teavana. I know it's a fairly large chain, but I really like the selection that they have. I haven't ordered tea in awhile, so it's hard to say what my favorites are. I just joined the forums and had no idea there was a section on tea/coffee.

You are right, a lot of people here are "down" on Teavana.

But don't worry, they're not down on you. Just don't like a chain that sells overhyped, overpriced, mediocre tea. Plus, their "sales staff" is all about selling rather than about tea knowledge.

By all means, enjoy your tea. We're happy to share knowledge with you to help you find the "hidden" gems of the tea world to really improve your experience.

Favorite brand by far, is Xizihao, of course.

If we're talking about stuff you can get at the store, Kousmichoff and Sons (Kusmi-Tea).

In general, I buy by origin area, say, Tea Bank for Ceylon tea...

I've been enjoying the 2010 V93 from Menghai. Yes, I know, it's ripe, but a tuo is much easier to take to my day job.

Oolong #18 (I normally find it from Adagio) is normally my favorite tea. It's yet to be replaced.

I have always liked tea to a certain extent, but never drank much, until recently when I discovered how good it can truly be. This past spring I tried some tea from a direct sales company called "Steeped Tea". I was pretty much hooked from my first sip, and it wasn't even truly tea, it was rooibos, but it was delicious. My wife and I have since signed up as consultants and sell the stuff (don't worry, I won't try to sell here). I have grown particularly fond of Pu-erh teas (pronounced pooh-air). The tea leaves are fermented and oxidized, and they are often much stronger in flavour, and are just delicious. I also love a good Oolong, and Rooibos teas have their own unique awesomeness.

The one thing, for me anyway, is that now that I know how good loose leaf tea is, I simply can't drink bagged tea anymore. I have had a couple cups of bagged tea in the past week, when I was offered it as a guest in someone else's house, and I think I have decided that from now on I am just going to have to decline. I'm happily spoiled on the good stuff.

Upton tea. Very nice purveyor in the US. Huge selection of world-wide bulk teas that are very well packaged at order.

Now there is an assortment of tea to my liking! Nice collection there, Ouch.
Have to say that my favorites are various types of pu-erh tea. However, I often am found tasting or sampling various white, green, yellow, oolong and black teas. One does have to do quality control after all, haha.

Best regards,
Steve
www.JAS-eTea.com
www.facebook.com/JASeTea

Tazo Zen is my favorite of all, with a little sugar or honey. Green tea and spearmint just mix so well!

Twinnings Irish tea is a good one, but I tend to prefer green tea.

Teavana.... I have had some delicious tea there, and when I asked about the price, I about had a heart attack. I'll return for samples, but will never buy any ;)

Loose leaf has never resulted in a "better" experience for me, as I like sugar or honey in my tea. So teabags work fine, and are convenient too.

We've been blending a lot at work the past year or two and I always manage to always have some Yerba Mate in our blends. It took a while to get used to the flavor, but now I can't get enough. Another favorite of mine is Lapsang Souchang...one sip and you'll look around to see if people think you're sipping bourbon! I think we went months without touching coffee with all the blends we were making.

Top Bottom