What's new

Tatara will be launching a line of Titanium razors in 2022

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I just got a newsletter mail from Tatara:

"We are so incredibly excited to announce to you that we will be launching a line of Titanium Razors!"

If this means a new razor type or just the existing three in titanium, I don't know but would suspect the latter.
Now I would not mind Titanium, but I would rather wish for something else.

My suggestion:
Polish them! Or leave them machined. Titanium or Stainless Steel, doesn't matter as much to me. I am just not the matte/satin type! :)

B19CB11E-CBB0-4483-BAC0-5BC7C460E3E7.png

It's just a new material option - same razor designs

How are you getting the 80g figure? I think titanium is something like 55% the weight of SS

55% of 113 = 62g Nodachi
55% of 85 = 46g Masamune

It's just a new material option - same razor designs

How are you getting the 80g figure? I think titanium is something like 55% the weight of SS

55% of 113 = 62g Nodachi
55% of 85 = 46g Masamune
That 80g figure is rounding up, I should have rounded down apparently. My Timeless weighs 76g stock. It is 60% of the equivalent stainless model. With my handle, as configured, it is 66g. That would put the Masamune at just over 50g, which is really light. 🤷‍♂️

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I am still waiting for the oc plate of muramasa.
Although the existing sb plate is perfect for me, I just think the detachable design is very suitable for introducing replacement accessories.
If they decide to produce oc plate, I hope they offer it for sale separately.

I am still waiting for the oc plate of muramasa.
Although the existing sb plate is perfect for me, I just think the detachable design is very suitable for introducing replacement accessories.
If they decide to produce oc plate, I hope they offer it for sale separately.
You see this is stuff I would like to see on the Titanium. To give an extra digit or two of aggression. But maybe we are jumping the gun a bit and it’s simply too soon.

linty1

My wallet cries.
As a fan of lighter/aluminum this does seem a nice thing... I'm still saving for a Masamune... and this Titanium version prob makes the cost sky high.

Top Bottom