What's new

Tatara Nodashi vs. Blackland Blackbird

In terms of 'efficiency', they say it is very comparable to the likes of Blackbird and possibly Wolfman, maybe a bit below these two powerhouses. Some complained that the Nodachi combo was not very comfortable during the shave, it wasn't as smooth as they liked it to be. The Masumane combo is on the safer side for smoothness but again some considered it too mild. This is a razor I will eventually acquire, I'm waiting for Tatara to have their sale at some point so that I can get a couple of different base plates.

I made my own razor by using the Nodachi Top cap, the Masamune baseplate and the Masamune handle. This gave me a zero exposure razor that is very smooth for daily use. I use the Nodachi baseplate when I skip a few days, and I would say it gives similar results to the Blackbird, but as smooth as the Ti BB.

Thank you. I was having a hard time getting my head around the various combinations.
Tatara has this helpful chart on their website:
1611624156386.png

Even with the helpful advice from many here, I couldn't get a close shave with my Masamune so I ended up selling it. The Nodachi would probably have been a better fit for me and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it based on the Masamune. I would be extremely curious to see an adjustable made by Tatara.

I made my own razor by using the Nodachi Top cap, the Masamune baseplate and the Masamune handle. This gave me a zero exposure razor that is very smooth for daily use. I use the Nodachi baseplate when I skip a few days, and I would say it gives similar results to the Blackbird, but as smooth as the Ti BB.
That is the combo I'm so much after. Maggards carries Tatara razors but not the individual solid bar Masumane baseplate, so I'd have to order directly from Portugal or by some miracle someone might post on BST's.

Top Bottom