What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Tatara Nodashi vs. Blackland Blackbird

I don't know about the blackbird but I use a Nodachi and the shaves you can get from a Nodachi are spectacular.
I do not see how any razor/blade combination could possibly be any closer or smoother. Or more efficient.
I have seen people say that they didn't like it and I think that's because they didn't learn it.

Too many i's up there. lol. It's not all about me. But, I have been shaving with a Nodachi for quite some time now. If I were to use a blackbird after having used nothing but a Tatara Nodachi, I would be able to relate the differences , quickly.
But I don't have a blackbird.

Incidentally, I use the closed comb Nodachi - 0.90mm
My Masamune Nodachi is the " Dark" edition, and its beautiful.
I like very much, it's shape and tolerances. It's just streamlined.
Used it with quit a few different blades and the results are always spectacular.
I prefer Voskhods and Dorko Primes. Both of these combined with the Nodachi makes your face feel like it's never had hair.

Last edited:
I absolutely love my Nodachi, especially for head shaves. I do think that it's quite picky when it comes to blades but that's a small price to pay, it's actually one of my only razors that can make the Gillette Rubies sing. For me, the Nodachi is not really a daily driver, it shines when going up against a couple of days growth.

Apparently they're working on an adjustable razor, I'm very curious if they can keep the same balance of smoothness and efficiency in that one.

So if I am reading this right, the nocachi cap coupled with the CC Masamune Nodachi would be the most efficient?
Yes, with that table but there is the OC Nodachi plate, same gap and exposure...

Apparently they're working on an adjustable razor, I'm very curious if they can keep the same balance of smoothness and efficiency in that one.
Hope they can keep the head compact like the first two razors.

Hope they can keep the head compact like the first two razors.
I'd love to see that. Should be interesting. Although I'm not a great admirer of adjustable razors.
I'm also not that fond of adjustable razors, at least not the ones with a twist-to-adjust mechanism. But I'm very curious what the guys at Tatara will come up with, their first 2 razors were designed brilliantly!