What's new

TAOS-very dissapointed

Here I thought they had sent the overnight order FedEx. I have NEVER had anything shipped FedEx that has NOT been messed up. For the longest time I thought that Castaway was a comedy taking a lighthearted look at what ACTUALLY happens to your packages when you ship them FedEx. UPS I know will only deliver on Saturday for their next day delivery, but that is so expensive I wouldn't pay for it without taking a long hard look at their policies to make absolutely sure that having paid for overnight shipping it would arrive the next day. If I am ordering anything time sensitive it only makes sense to check & double check shipping policies.

Here I thought they had sent the overnight order FedEx. I have NEVER had anything shipped FedEx that has NOT been messed up. For the longest time I thought that Castaway was a comedy taking a lighthearted look at what ACTUALLY happens to your packages when you ship them FedEx. UPS I know will only deliver on Saturday for their next day delivery, but that is so expensive I wouldn't pay for it without taking a long hard look at their policies to make absolutely sure that having paid for overnight shipping it would arrive the next day. If I am ordering anything time sensitive it only makes sense to check & double check shipping policies.

UPS is actually really good at refunding money when overnight is not fullfilled, barring natural occurances. However when they destroyed my box with a 200lbs crush load they blamed it on the packaging. its a toss up

Ooh, sorry to hear that. Usually the worst problem I've encountered with UPS is during the holidays their delivery estimates are a day off. But during the holidays, you kinda gotta expect that. FedEx I've found the only thing you don't know is if the driver will bother to stop long enough to slap a "while you were out" sticker on the door. What you DO know is that your package will not show up.

I'd have expected from your thread title that you had some problem with AOS products, rather than the issue you actually raised.

Regards,
Renato

If you order something at 3:00 on a Friday, and expect to see it Saturday, then I don't know what to tell you. This is not typically how it works in reality. I own and operate an online retail site with my partner for our industry. We have an expedited shipping option. If you select overnight, and place the order on a Friday afternoon, you're getting a call or an email from us that says no way Jose. It's simply unresonable to expect that. Noon, 1, or even 2pm is a different story. 3? are you kidding? how much did you pay for overnight shipping? I can tell you UPS charges me $50+ inside of CA for over night on a weekend with a 6"x6"x6" box 1lb or less and I have an account with them

If you didn't bother to call to make sure you could get your stuff on time, thats your fault.

If you ordered from me and wanted overnight, it wouldnt happen. not because Im lazy, but because its usually not possible to pack the products and get it shipped in time before they close. I use 3 carriers to avoid mishaps as well. Its so easy to just click a mouse and expect things to fall in your lap these days, but there are people working their butts off to make that actually happen.

my point is, like was already mentioned, is most of these places are small time. Not all websites and hosts have the option to finely detail and prevent certain things when the customers order, but thats what the terms of service are for. I am seeing more and more entitlement from people and just throwing tantrums for no reason. Not every company is huge with tens, hundreds or thousands of employees.

if you would have actually got the items saturday, would you have bothered to post the good news? I doubt it. Your complaint is sheer lunacy. Sorry for being such an A-hole, but vendors get beat up by people that have no idea whats actually involved in running businesses like this. theres usually never someone waiting around for a call so they can stuff something in a box and run down to the post office. If you cant be bothered to order the stuff you need on time, how could you possibly complain about an order not getting filled for OVERNIGHT ON FRIDAY AT 3PM?

Not to start a pi$$ing contest but I did want to address a few points as a business owner myself.
1. I 100% of the time leave possitive feedback or reviews when warranted. I can point you in the direction of at least 50 that were posted recently, both on manufacturer sites as well as forums. In this case I did not feel it was warranted based on how the situation was handled but the CS rep. I absolutely get where you are coming from though and agree that most of the time complaints are based on unrealistic expectations from the customer that have no true idea of how warehouse fullfilment really works. My expectation is based on the next point.
2. I routinely order from places like Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Best Buy, etc and when I select overnight shipping I get it the next day, weekend or not. Period. That is why I use the option when I need it. I have placed orders as late as 5:00 P.M. with next day delivery. The only other time this has happened was with an online music retailer when I ordered supplies for a gig. They took care of the shipping charges when i called and all was right witht he world.
3. It was my fault for not reading their policy before placing an order and again, based on past personal experience I felt secure that it would be the same level of service. Again, my fault for not checking and double checking. The store representative mentioned nothing of it when I asked on the phone so I didn't think about it. Lesson learned here.

1. Thank you, most people do not do this. It is greatly appreciated.

2. Those are big companies with staff dedicated to processing orders and shipping. I too, would expect it the next day because it is very clear on the order screen what they are offering. I cant speak for the company you ordered from, but chances are they have a limited staff. Unfortunately, as you must know, most of us are running skeleton crews these days. It is difficult to be as efficient as we should be. However, good customer service is good customer service, regardless of what it takes to make it happen.

3. I appreciate the fact that you acknlowledge this, most people wouldnt.

I apologize if I was overly agressive.

I can't believe that the price of the 34C has risen to a level that buying it at The Art of Shaving isn't such a bad deal.

Top Bottom