What's new

Tabac is the best kept secret in shaving

I love the smell of Tabac in the morning.
Napalm.jpg

I pulled a puck of Tabac from the back of my closet this morning and I'm now wondering why I don't use it more often. This soap really doesn't get enough recognition around here. I wonder why? Smoothest shave i've had in some time.

Yup! Tabac is my daily driver! Love it!

So, this morning's shave was Tabac - all in - soap, balm and aftershave lotion.

In addition to a great shave, got a compliment from my wife - "You smell good!"

I'm leaning toward finally trying Tabac.

Is there any difference between the soap and stick? If not, it would seem that the stick if far cheaper per oz, including the refills.

Is there any difference between the soap and stick? If not, it would seem that the stick if far cheaper per oz, including the refills.

From what I've read, no. That's what I did..got the refill stick as the cheapest option (about $10). I used it as a stick a few times, then grated and pressed it into a container. It's good stuff.

They seem identical to me. I think the price difference is the nice glass container that the pucks of soap comes in.

Thanks.

As to price, the 125g puck refill is lot more expensive than the 100g stick refill. For instance, at Connaught, the refill puck and stick (thus without the cost of the containers) are £7.80 and £3.60, respectively. With such a big price difference in favor of the smaller size, I wasn't sure if there wasn't a difference between the puck and stick.

@branford
The difference is water content. Refill pucks have less, the stick has a bit more, which makes it easier to apply on the face. I presume the puck is milled more times. This shouldn't affect performance one bit.

Top Bottom