What's new

Tabac is the best kept secret in shaving

Are the AS and EdT still being made?
I asked the same question a while back when I sent an email to the customer care. I wrote in very simple English and structured my query step by step.
I got a response that was a Google translation to original 'I imagine you should have no problem in finding Irisch Moos products in markets around Germany'.
I gave up and scored few deo sticks, a 200ml AS and a 100ml EDT off the bay. Judging by price point I don't think there is any current production underway.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Going to Germany end of April, I will check what is still around from Irisch Moos. I know the soap sticks are gone, I actually did a group buy in 2011 here. Someone in Germany picked up a lot of the sticks when they were offered cheaper prior to discontinuation. I was sorry to see the soap go away. As far as performance, I think it is right on with Tabac, it should be the same soap base, just different scent. Glad I have a few sticks of it in storage.

As far as performance, I think it is right on with Tabac, it should be the same soap base, just different scent.
I got two sticks of Irisch Moos back in 2009. I can confirm that the soap base was identical to Tabac, just with a different scent.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, just want to give you my qualifications (again) for making that statement with 100% confidence: I used exclusively Tabac (along with 2 sticks of Moos along the way) for 10 years straight. 40 sticks, one right after another. Every shave, every day.

Guys, don't get your hopes up about that Irisch Moos web page. It's an old photo, and you'll notice in the text on the left hand side that the shave stick isn't mentioned. It has been verified that the shave stick is no longer in production.

I don't have a link handy, but a bit of Googling and you'll be able to confirm it yourself; Sir Irisch Moos shave stick is no longer produced.

I thought the scent of it was OK. Nothing truly spectacular, and since the base is the same as Tabac, you guys really aren't missing out on anything special. It would be nice to have an alternative scent to Tabac, but Irisch Moos really wasn't that great. At least, IMO. I'm sure there are guys that do/did love it.

Guys, don't get your hopes up about that Irisch Moos web page. It's an old photo, and you'll notice in the text on the left hand side that the shave stick isn't mentioned. It has been verified that the shave stick is no longer in production.

I don't have a link handy, but a bit of Googling and you'll be able to confirm it yourself; Sir Irisch Moos shave stick is no longer produced.

I thought the scent of it was OK. Nothing truly spectacular, and since the base is the same as Tabac, you guys really aren't missing out on anything special. It would be nice to have an alternative scent to Tabac, but Irisch Moos really wasn't that great. At least, IMO. I'm sure there are guys that do/did love it.

Well, definitely not a date night scent but if I was still able , I'd definitely start off a Saturday of canoeing, hiking or golf with it.
It's a great outdoors/ sports or going to a ballpark or barbecue scent.

I wish there was a Tabac version without scent.
By the way, the claim is that the Fine Accoutrements line of shaving soaps use the Tabac formula so you might want to give them a try. I have a few of them, Fresh Vetiver is very nice, I have their version of C&E's O&C which I also have but I got the Fine version to save on the real stuff, and a few others. Very nice all.

By the way, the claim is that the Fine Accoutrements line of shaving soaps use the Tabac formula so you might want to give them a try. I have a few of them, Fresh Vetiver is very nice, I have their version of C&E's O&C which I also have but I got the Fine version to save on the real stuff, and a few others. Very nice all.

Is there an unscented version of Fine ? I will be looking to their line myself.

Tabac grows on you. It might be Pavlovian, but after tolerating the scent for several excellent shaves I grew to like it. I'm even contemplating getting the AS.

As to other pairings, WK King of Bourbon was made for it. Mickey Lee Grand Havana makes another delightful combination. Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square is another good one. Don't fear Tabac. It's here to help us.

Tabac grows on you. It might be Pavlovian, but after tolerating the scent for several excellent shaves I grew to like it. I'm even contemplating getting the AS.

As to other pairings, WK King of Bourbon was made for it. Mickey Lee Grand Havana makes another delightful combination. Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square is another good one. Don't fear Tabac. It's here to help us.
Thank you. I am a user of Tabac soap. I even use their eue de Toilette. Just wondering if there was an unscented version with the same quality.

Did anyone know this came in a stick too?
Tabac Stick a.jpg

This thread caused me to try Tabac soap. I ended up getting the stick refill since it was the cheapest option. It is now granted into a container.

Excellent soap and I like the scent. In fact, I'm now considering the AS and/or EdC for purchase.

Top Bottom