What's new

Synthetic Summer

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Ikon B1 Standard (TiBam Ti 'Antique' Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Turn-N-Shave 25mm Quartermoon Fan
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado
shave 20210719_153449_2.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I'm not a regular in this thread, but I'm not seeing anything from Owen Bawn.

Is he all right, connection issues or taking a break from B&B?

I hope everything is fine and it's just my spending more time than usual that is giving me 'ideas'.
Owen got his Beagle brushes and has posted that he will be using them, and jumping off the synths. I can’t verify his well being, but I think I saw him post on other threads.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, July 20th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72, excellent mid range razor, carefree shave this morning , well designed, joy to use.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP, Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a DE.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72+ Gillette 7oClock SP.
Brush collage July 20th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Karve Brass SB-G (Widebody Cap)
Blade: Feather (3 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's Bay Rum
20210720_095013~2.jpg

IMG_2799.JPG

Always synthetic at my house. It's all I use. I originally crossed over with Muhle Silvertip synth but PAA brushes get most of my love these days. They're a tough beat for the price even with individual travel cases in the mix and are real lather monsters.

Ron R

DE SOTD, Wednesday, July 21st 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- Mfg 2018, tame mid range, I enjoy this razor with a Kai SS extra wide blade(9/1000 inch wider)
Blade: Kai SS extra wide(9), sharp and smooth, excellent longevity for sure. 9/1000 or 4.5/1000 inch per side. Nice to have a tuck or 2 for your milder razors.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scents with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Atlantis, Great lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber+ great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel + Nivea refreshing AS + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + not weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR GC.84 + a Kai SS blade.

Brush collage July 21st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (Timeless Ti TRH8 Handle)
Blade: Silver Star (3)
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Aftershave: Unnamed Prototype #3
Fragrance: Cuba Orange
20210721_144737~2.jpg

Full shave notes here:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I’m not usually one to post up lather shots, because I face lather 99% of the time. And frankly face lathering by its very nature doesn’t produce a compelling visual of beautiful and bountiful lather on the brush the way bowl lathering does. But this morning’s lather was just redonkulous. Between the first and second pass, I was compelled to take a photo. That brush is loaded super thick with lather. This is the Starcraft with this years realease of B&M 42 in a hardened version of the Softheart base. Killer soap. Beautiful lather. Nice brush as well.

1A7CD9A6-9057-4000-A8D8-90F73CFE9DEA.jpeg

Ron R

MicroMatic Monday 3rd AnniverSaRy (July 22)of collecting shaves, thoughts and the odd laugh.

Razor: Gem 1912-Mfg 1921, nice mid range, well built, this one was NOS with the gold wash still in tack.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, nice different scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with a few drops of HA.
Results: CCS, DFS, BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gem 1912 with a Gem coated blade.

Sunday Schick shave July 22nd 2021.jpg
Yaqi #1 Artic sky knot 24mm(4).jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Mühle Rocca R95 V4
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS)
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
20210722_145910~2.jpg

Full shave notes here:
Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/post-11365622

Top Bottom