What's new

Synthetic Summer

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Camping shave. I had the Bruce brush in my travel kit. It is quite an unremarkable brush. Rather lame actually. I do like the RR Plissoft and the RR 400 brushes. Even though this is the same fiber, the smaller knot and the way it's set in the handle dont work for me. I am going to go back to the OG Plisson brush for my travel kit and ditch this thing. 😃🤪

20210714_193815.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: WSC/YPM Winning Razor (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Kai (1)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Proraso Red
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Fragrance: Cuba Royal EdT Spray
20210714_125558~2.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, July 15th, 2021

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar Slant, Mfg 2017, excellent upper mid range, light touch with steep angle works wonders. Well built.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock Super platinum(black)3uses), excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Gillette Pure, nice scent(homerun) with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Artic sky synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant +Gillette 7oClock SP.

MMMonday , July 15th 2021.jpg
Yaqi #1 Artic sky knot 24mm(4).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

SE SOTD, Fri, July 16th 2021

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, interesting razor because of the Strop mechanism incorporated into the razor for it's time era. I modified the gap from 11/1000 to 7/1000 of inch for a much smoother shave.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8 binned) modified, excellent blade for sharpness, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum + sandal wood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove added to make it interesting.
Brush: Yaqi Cola 22mm synthetic, great lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter. Nice handle to grip.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + sandalwood:001_wub: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :thumbup: great shave with Valet Auto strop with a modified coated Gem blade.

Brush collage July 16th 2021.jpg

Have shome great shaves!

Ron R

SE SOTD, Sat, July 17th, 2021. Still experimenting with my protouch blades in different razors(Gem Micromatics only & Schick injectors) with some success and makes my other razors more of value to myself if looking for alternative results, Nothing wrong with Gem coated blades but the pricy Protouch is smoother in some respects with the guard if not looking for a true BBS shave. The Gem coated blade is the best overall SE if looking for longevity and great shaves for the least expensive shave possible IMO. DE blades are the only ones that can even come close to $.02 to $.04 cent shaves a Gem SS Coated blade will give(10 shaves average) .

Razor: Gem Micromatic(MMOC), Mfg 1930-41 and was the first mass produced twist to open(TTO) in the USA or the world and is built and designed to last generations with the rack & pinion spring assisted design. This razor saved Gem during the Great Depression I'm thinking.
Blade: Kai Protouch (4) not designed for the Gem Razors or the Schick injector but will work regardless if cut to length properly & stoned any sharp edges from cutting. Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC type blade.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood, nice scent with some mild clove mixed in with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm tuxedo knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + sandalwood.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gem MMOC with a Kai Protouch modified.

MMMonday , July 17th 2021.jpg
Yaqi #1 Tuxedo knot Sagrada Familia 24mm (5).jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Saturday 20210717
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Yates 921-EH (Bead Blast Finish) (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Silver Star (2)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Fragrance: Original Penguin Reserve EdT Spray
20210717_124336~2.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Yates 921-EH (Bead Blast Finish) (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad Knot)
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20210718_154208~2.jpg

I'm not a regular in this thread, but I'm not seeing anything from Owen Bawn.

Is he all right, connection issues or taking a break from B&B?

I hope everything is fine and it's just my spending more time than usual that is giving me 'ideas'.

Top Bottom