What's new

Synthetic Shaving Brush Pass Around

I haven't had a whole lot of time to write posts, so it's time to catch up.

proxy.php

On Wednesday I used the AMACK Game Changer. The name does it justice. I really liked this one. It's still a bit on the heavy side for bowl lathering, but everything else about it is wonderful. I know I had just said this about the Plissoft, but THIS ONE is now my favorite handle. It's very similar in size and shape to the Razorock Plissoft, but it doesn't have that double band around the middle, that makes it awkward to rest your fingers on. Much more comfortable to hold.

Easy to splay
Great scrub
Builds and releasing lather very well
Great amount of backbone

Dislikes:
A bit on the heavy side

proxy.php

Yesterday I used "Hunter's Brush" and holy moly it was nice. It reminded me a lot of the Game Changer in a lot of respects. A tiny bit less backbone and a teeny bit more work to get a good lather, but it made up for it by being a little lighter and splaying even better, although definitely not my favorite handle. For the way I hold a brush it's kind of weird how it changes from the wide base then very quickly transitions to a much more narrow section, followed by the double band around the middle. If you hold your brushes very near the base I could see how it would be great, but I prefer to place my fingers near the middle of the handle, so it doesn't work well for me.

Very easy to splay
Great scrub
Decent backbone
Good at building lather
Releases lather very well

Dislikes:
A tad heavy, but not bad
Awkward handle for how I hold a brush

This one may very well be my favorite brush so far, although the score still has the Maggard Black & White in the lead by 1 point. I think I'm going to have to change my rating system when it comes the the weight category as it seems unbalanced. By rating -5 to 5, if I dislike the weight of a brush it automatically drops it into the negative which really hurts it's total score. With the current system it seems that the lighter brushes have a big advantage because they will receive additional points while the heavier ones will lose points. I think I'm going to have to go back and adjust the weight score of all the brushes, giving them scores from 0 to 5 to balance things back out.

Animag771 still has it. I let him know that he could take his time to get through all of the brushes since there wasn't anyone currently in line. I also have two more brushes that were donated by another awesome member! If I can't drum up somebody else to send the box to I'll have it shipped back to me so I can get the other two brushes inside.

Last edited:
Animag771 still has it. I let him know that he could take his time to get through all of the brushes since there wasn't anyone currently in line. I also have two more brushes that were donated by another awesome member! If I can't drum up somebody else to send the box to I'll have it shipped back to me so I can get the other two brushes inside.
Oh ok, thats great. I was just curious, and two more brushes is kind.

I'm very sorry everyone. I've been ridiculously busy lately and have been rather inactive here on the forum because of it. I haven't had the time to sit down and type things up. Between family, work and trying to finish my house, it's been madness. I have used each brush and they are all wonderful. As soon as someone else joins the list, if mightyeskimo wants it back, or someone else wants another go at it, I will gladkg pass it along, just let me know. I'll try to type of some thoughts on the other brushes when I get some time.

Last edited:
Hi all! I got the box back. I'll get cases for the additional brushes and new silica packets. Please help me spread the word for new signups. I'd like to get 13 members on the list (the afore mentioned dirty bakers dozen) before sending out back out.

Hi all! I got the box back. I'll get cases for the additional brushes and new silica packets. Please help me spread the word for new signups. I'd like to get 13 members on the list (the afore mentioned dirty bakers dozen) before sending out back out.
Thanks for all the work you do on this passaround. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to try all of those brushes.

Can I get on the list?

Hi @Rudd4Prez! Absolutely. You'll be the first on the list. What's your city and state please? We'll be attempting to get it back up to 13 members before sending it out again. The dirty bakers dozen rides again!

1. Rudd4Prez

With people asking questions about which synthetic this and that, you'd think people would be volunteering faster.

Too many germaphobes?

With people asking questions about which synthetic this and that, you'd think people would be volunteering faster.

Too many germaphobes?

IDK. LOL. I know the last time we sent it out there was quite a bit of interest. I hope we can get the list filled up quick and get this baby going.

IDK. LOL. I know the last time we sent it out there was quite a bit of interest. I hope we can get the list filled up quick and get this baby going.
PM me when it fills up close to enough to ship. I'll ship an S-Brush, and nylon if any interest is shown in the nylon.
The Nylon is for an historical perspective, but the S-Brush is a current, and IMO, very distinct offering that is very different than other synthetics.

PM me when it fills up close to enough to ship. I'll ship an S-Brush, and nylon if any interest is shown in the nylon.
The Nylon is for an historical perspective, but the S-Brush is a current, and IMO, very distinct offering that is very different than other synthetics.

Will do! Thank you very much! Most kind!

Top Bottom