What's new

FS: Brushes Galore - Thiers Horn, Masetos, Muhle STFs, Classic 1 synth, and mroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I’m looking to hopefully clear out a few brushes from my collection.

proxy.php

Please see my album for more photos

Note that you will see some brushes in here that I no longer have for sale, along with a razor. Slow on the draw to posting here.

Thiers Issard Silvertip in Horn –

Specs: 25mm knot, 55mm loft, 58.6mm handle
Retails for $280, selling for $150.

The price is hard to narrow for the retail as this is the older Thiers Issard without the ring like the newer brushes have. It’s different in that this is quite a lofty brush. This is more geared towards creams. Not a great deal of backbone, and might not be for everyone since it lacks in backbone and it really affects the density.

Maseto “Atlanta” 24mm Extra Density 2-band Finest -

Specs: 26mm knot, 45mm loft, 50mm handle
Retails for $32.99, selling for $25

I used this brush once. Compared to the 30mm regular density, I was not impressed. Not to say that it is lacking in density, but compared to the larger version, I could tell right away I would be happier with the regular density. Perhaps when the 30mm extra density arrive I’ll try those. This will come in the box it shipped in along with the included brush holder.

Maseto “Atlanta” Extra Density 3-band Silvertip -

Specs: 26mm knot, 46mm loft, 50mm handle
Retails for $38.99, selling for $30

I used this brush once. Compared to the 30mm regular density, I was not impressed. Not to say that it is lacking in density, but compared to the larger version, I could tell right away I would be happier with the regular density. Perhaps when the 30mm extra density arrive I’ll try those. This will come in the box it shipped in along with the included brush holder.

Simpson Classic 1 in Synthetic -

Specs: 21mm knot, 43mm loft, 39mm handle
Retails for 44.95 pounds, or $59.41 selling for $42

A lovely brush that has been used perhaps 5-10 times. I find it too small for myself and prefer larger knots, or at least a higher loft to work with a smaller knot.

Asylum Brush Works BG7 -

Specs: 23mm knot, 43mm loft, 63mm handle
Retail for $55, selling for $22
While the knot is a bit larger than the Classic 1, the loft on this is too low for my tastes for a synthetic brush. Superb handle though, and would be a good handle for a knot replacement or for use if you prefer lower set synthetics. This brush was originally owned by me and used less than 5 times. This will come in the box it shipped in.

Muhle 33 K 256 Silvertip Fibres 2.0, New -

Specs: 21mm knot, 46mm loft, 48mm handle
Retails for $40.53, selling for $28

This is brand new and never been used. This brush is supposed to be a 23mm model, but as can be seen by the specs, it does not have a 23mm knot. This was one last attempt to get a brush with a larger knot. The brush comes in its original tube that it shipped with. It has a silver emblem embedded in the bottom indicating it is a Muhle brush.

Muhle 33 K 256 Silvertip Fibres 2.0? Chipped bottom -

Specs: 21mm knot, 48mm loft, 49mm handle
Retails for $40.53, selling for $17

Another failed attempt at getting a Muhle Silvertip Fibre brush that actually fits between their 21mm and 25mm knot. I’ve come to accept that I’m just likely to never find that magical 23mm STF brush that fits right between the 21mm and 25mm model. You can feel the chip at the very edge of the brush slightly depending on how you hold it, so do know that. This will come with its tube it shipped in.

Random Ebay brush #2 Pure? Grade -

Specs: 21mm knot, 48mm loft, 45mm handle
This was a brush someone made from a lot I purchased off ebay. The knot retails for $15.95. I’m selling it for $15

The seller indicated this was the first brush that they ever made, and that the handle material is Trustone. It has a tiny hole in the center of the brush. The seller couldn’t remember what the knot is, but thought it was pure badger. Personally I would rate it far better than any pure or best I experienced. I think this knot came from TGN but it was not indicated as such. Running my fingers across the top I can only notice one or two hairs that are possibly overturned boar bristles that got in the knot, and it is quite soft.

Semogue 1460 Boar -

Specs: 22mm knot, 45mm loft, 50mm handle
Retails for $12, selling for $7.50

This is a brush that I purchased from an ebay lot. It looks to have been well used. Upon a last glance of the brush I notice that there is an imperfection in the paint at the bottom. It appears like a chip was taken out at first, but what seems more likely is it was an imperfection that got painted over. It won’t affect the performance of the brush. A personal warning though; the paint seems to be fragile and had one that cracked before on me in use. It was never dropped, or abused, so it slightly soured me on the painted models. While beautiful, I’d rather not have that happen a second time.

All measurements were taken with calipers and a ruler, so there could be some slight variation, and I used the lowest retail prices that I could find for each item. All prices include shipping to the US. I will consider shipping international, but I’ll need to work out the extra shipping with you.

Thank you for looking.

Muhle 33 K 256 Silvertip Fibres 2.0, New has sold!

One question I feel stupid for asking, is it no longer possible to edit posts in the BST? I feel like I'm overlooking something...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Muhle 33 K 256 Silvertip Fibres 2.0, New has sold!

One question I feel stupid for asking, is it no longer possible to edit posts in the BST? I feel like I'm overlooking something...
The time limit to edit posts in the BST is the same as in our other forums; 15 mins or so, I think, not the 2-3 days it used to be years ago.

Asylum BG7 sold for $15 dollars.

Also, time to drop some prices.

Thiers - $140
Maseto “Atlanta” Extra Density 3-band Silvertip - $25
Simpson Classic 1 in Synthetic - $37
Random Ebay brush #2 Pure? Grade - $12
Muhle 33 K 256 Silvertip Fibres 2.0? Chipped bottom - $15

Semogue 1460 Boar - Free with any purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom