What's new

Surprise, surprise... I'm indecisive

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Yes, you should get a 1911 before you retire. I mean, you could get hit by a bus a year from now, and you don't want to stand before your maker and have to admit that you didn't own a 1911!!!:angel:

+1

Agreed. It's like being in the late 50's and still the only one without a color television set. Embarrassing! :)

Lol'd. You'll get one eventually, Rob.

Just out of curiosity, do the police ever sell or auction confiscated/impounded guns like they do with cars?

8DF8351E-33CA-43C3-8DEA-158EF7B9D644.jpeg

9A366CC1-5D4D-4DAC-B608-E1A3051CC5D6.jpeg
7CC991F6-0B3E-4F2A-B2A1-FC06C9677277.jpeg

For range work or even CCW you’ll be hard pressed to find a better setup than a variation of the Askins-Nelson Avenger Holster.
Specimens shown here by Milt Sparks and Ryan Grizzle

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Good choices, as always @Acmemfg Others would be the 55BN (Bruce Nelson design) straight drop or the Sparks Roadrunner pancake, if you like that style.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I looked up Milt Sparks earlier today and Nelson right after Acme's post. I'm really digging Ryan Grizzle's stuff though. I almost bought the Sig branded holster after I bought my P365, so I've checked out his work before. I could possibly see myself getting the GS2. It looks like great quality for a very reasonable price. Ryan's Field Holster is tempting for my Taurus Judge.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Lol'd. You'll get one eventually, Rob.

Just out of curiosity, do the police ever sell or auction confiscated/impounded guns like they do with cars?

There are some states that do. Mine isn't one of them.

Edit: I misspoke and will correct my post. It's individual cities in Oklahoma that decide what to do with confiscated guns. My city and department has them destroyed. Other smaller cities and departments who need the revenue, will destroy the junk, use the police grade for their own or others and sell the rest to authorized gun dealers.

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
There are some states that do. Mine isn't one of them.

Edit: I misspoke and will correct my post. It's individual cities in Oklahoma that decide what to do with confiscated guns. My city and department has them destroyed. Other smaller cities and departments who need the revenue, will destroy the junk, use the police grade for their own or others and sell the rest to authorized gun dealers.

Thanks for the info. It's a shame to think that there could be some rare or historical guns being destroyed. I can understand why some destroy them though.

OkieStubble

I want a deeper connection to the pistol rather than seeing it as a tool and throwing tons of lead downrange.

We are kindred you and I. This is exactly where I am at. I feel it has to be that one special 1911, and/or Browning Hi-Power and/or Colt six shooter and/or Garand, etc, etc, yada, yada, yada. :)

OkieStubble

Thanks for the info. It's a shame to think that there could be some rare or historical guns being destroyed. I can understand why some destroy them though.

I hear ya. At least auction them off to a collector who would appreciate them. I don't even want to try and think about how many rare, one of's my department has probably had cut up and then shipped off to be melted as scrap.

Top Bottom