What's new

Exploring the Boxes of Shame

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Another really nice old holster has just returned from a neatsfoot oil and cucumber massage and spa day.

This is another Strong and in a nice burgundy color. Like so many of these older holsters it has a hard time with the thicker leather belts I've been wearing for the last few decades and that may have been part of the reason they got put in the Boxes of Shame.

BUT, I also found an old belt in almost the same shade of burgundy hanging on one of the Hangers of Shame with belts of the history of varying waist size expansion and contraction. It fits and seems to support the holster.

Strong-Burgundy-59.jpg

The holster cleaned up well and honestly, it is as comfortable, secure, functional and concealable as any of the many custom OWB holsters I've purchased since then. Of course I no longer have the body that went with the holster back in the mid to late 1970s when the holster was new and it's entirely possible that it is just my current body Michelin Man rather than Perelli Calendar body that aides in the comfort factor. Either way, I'll make sure these old troopers get to at least go on parade from now on.

I did find one more that I think might be of interest particularly to some of our current and ex-LE folk. It's scheduled for a spa day and once it returns I post a summary. Hint: It's also from Don Hume but it's not another Jordan but one that was equally loved and hated by those who were told to wear it.

Jordan-01small.jpg

Last edited:

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
As promised, here is the other Don Hume. The revolver is my S&W model 19; a replacement for my first model 19.

Did any one of you good folk carry one of this type holster?

Hume-BF-19.jpg

Another picture once someone identifies the type of holster.

Top Bottom