What's new

Supply CO. injector users

I'm new to single blade shaving. I possibly should not have started with the Supply 2.0 but I'm wondering if there are any users who can offer advice. Of course I know less than zero about single blade shaving but it 'seems to me' the the 2.0 has a very sharply angled head, which is a bit too steep. DE razor handles are perpendicular to the blade. So I'm having trouble finding the 30 degree angle. It seems to achieve it I'd have to have the handle in a minor angle close to my face as opposed to angling outward. Seems pretty awkward. I got some nics and a few 'gushers'. Anyone using the 2.0 having a problem with the angle or how to hold it?

Injector shaving as to the angle is one where you have to ignore what you do with a DE razor. I don’t have a Supply, but in using vintage Schicks, you need to ride the cap. I would suggest you search the forums here for reviews from members who have used it. I seem to remember many stating finding the right angle with the Supply is trial & error.

Injector shaving as to the angle is one where you have to ignore what you do with a DE razor. I don’t have a Supply, but in using vintage Schicks, you need to ride the cap. I would suggest you search the forums here for reviews from members who have used it. I seem to remember many stating finding the right angle with the Supply is trial & error.
Thanks, this helps

So I'm having trouble finding the 30 degree angle. It seems to achieve it I'd have to have the handle in a minor angle close to my face as opposed to angling outward.
Let me preface my reply by saying I don't use single edge razors but have delved with a shavette and straight razor.
I think your query has been covered in post #2 but the blade angle of ~ 30 degrees for the Supply razor is near the angle of the cap so riding the cap applies; the angle is already built in to the razor. This razor also has three settings to adjust exposure depending on the type of shave you prefer. I am not sure if three plates comes with the razor or the extra two plates are an add-on.
This post may help on your problem; Supply Razor - It's failing for me. - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/supply-razor-its-failing-for-me.560607/
The best place to post this question would be in the Single Edge section of the forum where you will get a better response.

I do have a Supply 2.0.
I agree with the comment that it is a different experience than a double edge razor.
The angle is built into the head so the decision is made for you. When learning this razor look at the angle of the head, get a picture in your mind of how it should go on your face, and then make small adjustments until you hear or feel the blade working against your beard. It should take only three or four shaves tops to get it down.
I prefer a double edge aggressive razor (DOC Evolution) to the supply so that I only have to shave every two or three days but if I shave two days in a row I always use the Supply. It is the smoothest shave I get short of a straight razor.
You have a good razor. I hope you enjoy it and hope this helps.

I do have a Supply 2.0.
I agree with the comment that it is a different experience than a double edge razor.
The angle is built into the head so the decision is made for you. When learning this razor look at the angle of the head, get a picture in your mind of how it should go on your face, and then make small adjustments until you hear or feel the blade working against your beard. It should take only three or four shaves tops to get it down.
I prefer a double edge aggressive razor (DOC Evolution) to the supply so that I only have to shave every two or three days but if I shave two days in a row I always use the Supply. It is the smoothest shave I get short of a straight razor.
You have a good razor. I hope you enjoy it and hope this helps.
Thanks Nick

I'm new to single blade shaving. I possibly should not have started with the Supply 2.0 but I'm wondering if there are any users who can offer advice. Of course I know less than zero about single blade shaving but it 'seems to me' the the 2.0 has a very sharply angled head, which is a bit too steep. DE razor handles are perpendicular to the blade. So I'm having trouble finding the 30 degree angle. It seems to achieve it I'd have to have the handle in a minor angle close to my face as opposed to angling outward. Seems pretty awkward. I got some nics and a few 'gushers'. Anyone using the 2.0 having a problem with the angle or how to hold it?

What plate are you using? The razor depending when you bought it came with either the 1 dot plate and if you wanted the other plates you bought them seperately or with 3 plates like they sell them now. The other plates will be a 2 or 3 dot plate. 1 dot is the least aggressive and 3 dot the most.

As far as angle goes and it has been already stated, start at the shallowest angle aka ride the cap in DE terms then angle it in slightly until you find what works best. Injector razors in the main are similar to carts in how you use them.

My issue with the Supply I suppose it will depend if you have the stainless steel or the newer alloy one is the weight. If you are one of those people who like to mash the razor against your face and pull then it won't be an issue but it can be if you like to control the razor head and shave with your fingers and not gravity.

The other issue and it will depend on your hair type among other factors is that I found the 1 and 2 dot plates not only too mild but not efficient either. The 3 dot plate was much better but only if I shaved daily. If I skipped a day or so the 3 dot plate became a dud like the other ones.

My suggestion if you don't work out the issues you are having with the Supply and if you want to stick to injectors vintage is the way to go. If you do decide to go that route I would recommend asking for some suggestions first and some information if you like mild or aggressive razors for example.

Last edited:
What plate are you using? The razor depending when you bought it came with either the 1 dot plate and if you wanted the other plates you bought them seperately or with 3 plates like they sell them now. The other plates will be a 2 or 3 dot plate. 1 dot is the least aggressive and 3 dot the most.

As far as angle goes and it has been already stated, start at the shallowest angle aka ride the cap in DE terms then angle it in slightly until you find what works best. Injector razors in the main are similar to carts in how you use them.

My issue with the Supply I suppose it will depend if you have the stainless steel or the newer alloy one is the weight. If you are one of those people who like to mash the razor against your face and pull then it won't be an issue but it can be if you like to control the razor head and shave with your fingers and not gravity.

The other issue and it will depend on your hair type among other factors is that I found the 1 and 2 dot plates not only too mild but not efficient either. The 3 dot plate was much better but only if I shaved daily. If I skipped a day or so the 3 dot plate became a dud like the other ones.

My suggestion if you don't work out the issues you are having with the Supply and if you want to stick to injectors vintage is the way to go. If you do decide to go that route I would recommend asking for some suggestions first and some information if you like mild or aggressive razors for example.
Thanks BBS-1. I'm now using the two dot and have found the angle as I viewed the vid that Patrick the Supply Co. chief showed where he says to lay the cap against your face and then pull the razor down 'slightly. Even my first shave, I found I could not get any kind of shave using the 1 dot plate. With the 2 dot, things are progressing well. Still not easy to shave trouble areas like the front part of my chin and under the lip. I'm using 'Lather and Wood' pre-shave oil and TOOBS sandalwood shave cream and also Speick tube. Shaving every 1.5 to every other day. Try to balance between the tactile feel of guiding the razor and letting the weight of it do the work. I have the alloy, it feels pretty heavy to me. I've realized the commitment of starting with this kind razor probably makes switching to DE razors not really feasible at least Until I've mastered the use of this one. Getting about six shaves a blade.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
One way to find your sweet spot on any razor is by sound or audio feed back, just lay the razor cap flat on your face and slowly incline the handle until you hear it make a cutting sound. The shaving community refer to it as shallow approach or riding the cap. Once you acknowledge the angle you are on your way to great shaves.
blade-angle (2) (1).jpg
Gem procedure (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

The angle for a gem is not the same as for an injector and the angle for an early gem are different depending the razor
Earlier non Gem Jr models and Ever Ready razors are not designed for a shallow shaving angle.
Gem How To Top.jpgE-R1924Instructions and Case (4).JPG

The Gem Jr is
user3278_pic885_1270060429.jpg

Injectors this is about correct for the Supply since the razor head is by and large designed to mimic the traditional injector head design, their handle is based upon the Personna injectors but all the vintage and modern injectors except for the mongoose minigoose are based upon the first injector ever produced which is the Schick Type D.

SchickAdjInstr3.jpg

Top Bottom