What's new

Super Catch! Super-Max Diamond Edge Super Platinum

Somewhat curious to see how these compare with the Super Platinums. I have a few of those left and keep them for special occasions as apparently they are not made anymore and are getting hard to find on eBay. Blue Diamond Titanium and Platinum are good blades (the former better than the latter). The Diamond Edge ones shown here don't pop up on eBay as often as others but I understood that they are good quality as well.

I have 400 of these coming tomorrow. I am usually good with any Platinum coating but never tried these before. In India, paid like $ 2.80 for pack of 100. I will post after couple of shaves how these turned out.
supmax.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Based on this thread, I bought a 100 pack of the diamond edge blades. First shave yesterday. Really great so far. Thanks for the enablement!

I bought the Diamond Edge blades about a month ago.....Owning alot of DE razors really helps find our if a blade is fair...good...or better.The Diamond Edge blades don't work well in adjustables as well as say a Karve with a D plate.I know tis as in the middle of a shave I had to change razors.Good technique didn't help.Good shave soap Grooming Drpt.Tao didn't help either.These blades aren't bad more of a hit or big miss.Worked ok in a Muhle Rocca96.So The Supermax Stainless blades were so bad I gave them away to a guy who liked Supermax"s.I'll try a tech and see what happens.Also next one I'm going to cork like I did to a Zorrik Platinum and it shaved. Almost a middling good df shave.....very similar blade I think.Please give me some varied feedback as I"d like to hear your observations guys.

I like the Diamond Edge blades. They're in my top tier along with yellows, greens, Israeli reds, and GSBs. I find the Supermax Platinum Plus very smooth, but not as sharp as the Diamond Edge. YMMV!

I like the Diamond Edge blades. They're in my top tier along with yellows, greens, Israeli reds, and GSBs. I find the Supermax Platinum Plus very smooth, but not as sharp as the Diamond Edge. YMMV!
What do you use them in as I thought they were better than they turned out to be!

What do you use them in as I thought they were better than they turned out to be!
I use the Diamond Edge blades in Techs, Super Speeds, and Gillette Adjustables. I haven't tried them in my open combs yet (old types, new short and long combs). I can get a nice shave with the Platinum Plus in a Fatboy opened up a click or two from my usual setting, but I prefer the sharper blades, so I rarely use the Platinum Plus.

I will second that too, the Platinums were middle of the road for me. I have dense salt pepper heavy beard and these plats just die on me by end of 2nd shave. In fact they are not just sharp enough for me to keep them. I ordered Plats by 400 and pifed 300 of them to my local barber.
Diamond are bit better but not by a margin wide enough that they can dethrone my Polsilvers of Black ninjas. I use Diamond in Parker variant and get better results. They do not perform nearly as nice in Karve OC or SB plates. Got 200 of them and not in hurry to stockpile on them.

I have a soft, dense, fast growing beard, and I don't have sensitive skin. (It used to be salt and pepper, but the pepper disappeared. Its just salt now.) While I like sharp blades, I can use blades like Supermax Platinum Plus and get a good shave. I feel for you guys with alloy steel wire for whiskers and sensitive skin too.

I haven't seen the blue diamond blades locally in India ever, perhaps they are for export only. Manufacture date on this is middle 2017.

The product manager at Super - Max was a good friend of mine and had revealed to me that the new diamond edge is a new technology blade Super-Max is making after importing new machines. It has special sputtered edges which increase retention of the blade edge due to the coating.

He used to say these blades will easily last for atleast 10 shaves vs 4-5 shaves from normal Super-Max range of blades.

If you're wondering why I am referring to him in the past tense, it's because he passed away last year after a massive heart attack. :(

Every time I use this blade, I recollect my talk where he was so excited about this new blade release.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
Sorry about your friend. And as Super0-Max is no longer with us, I just ordered 100 of the DE Super Plats from RBC. RayClem says the Blue Diamond blades were very sharp. Are these even better than the previous iteration?

I recently found the Super-Max Super Stainless and it has become one of my favorites. Smooth, decently sharp and inexpensive. Got 400 of them for $20…not too bad. They last me 4 shaves and work well in my go to razors. They also don’t have wax dots which I also prefer. I’ve used the Platinums also with good success but the Super Stainless was an instant hit.

I recently found the Super-Max Super Stainless and it has become one of my favorites. Smooth, decently sharp and inexpensive. Got 400 of them for $20…not too bad. They last me 4 shaves and work well in my go to razors. They also don’t have wax dots which I also prefer. I’ve used the Platinums also with good success but the Super Stainless was an instant hit.

The green/yellow tuck or the blue/silver(Vidyut)?

Thanks. That's what I figured at that price. Honestly, they are likely the exact same blade with the green/yellow being aimed at the global market.
I saw the green/yellow ones for sale for more money but didn’t know if they were a different blade. I got the blue/silver blades in a sample order and really like them so I stuck with them.

Top Bottom