What's new

Super Catch! Super-Max Diamond Edge Super Platinum

Bought a tuck a few weeks ago and found them sharp and smooth. Got a catch of 600 blades for $30 here in a local market in India. Months of showing some skin love!
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Awesome find!! Love the 2 previous versions of this SuperMax blade (Tiger Super Platinum and then just called Super Platinum)!!

How do they compare with the Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium?

I love the Titanium, quite similar to a Polsilver Super Iridium.

What is the manufacture date on Diamond Edge Super Platinum?

I haven't seen the blue diamond blades locally in India ever, perhaps they are for export only. Manufacture date on this is middle 2017.

The product manager at Super - Max was a good friend of mine and had revealed to me that the new diamond edge is a new technology blade Super-Max is making after importing new machines. It has special sputtered edges which increase retention of the blade edge due to the coating.

He used to say these blades will easily last for atleast 10 shaves vs 4-5 shaves from normal Super-Max range of blades.

If you're wondering why I am referring to him in the past tense, it's because he passed away last year after a massive heart attack. :(

Every time I use this blade, I recollect my talk where he was so excited about this new blade release.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
600 blades, at 10 shaves a blade, shaving every day, should last you 16 years lol.

I'm also a fan of the SuperMax Titanium and I've read they served well for 14 head shaves. The Titanium is tied at 1st place with Polsilver in my NEW SC.

600 blades, at 10 shaves a blade, shaving every day, should last you 16 years lol.

I'm also a fan of the SuperMax Titanium and I've read they served well for 14 head shaves. The Titanium is tied at 1st place with Polsilver in my NEW SC.
At the going price for the latest Gillette fusion pro cartridge I would get just 8 of those for the price of 600 of these DE blades !!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
At the going price for the latest Gillette fusion pro cartridge I would get just 8 of those for the price of 600 of these DE blades !!

I recently used a single Polsilver to 20 shaves, At shave #20 that blade had cost me exactly $0.01 lol.

I have both Supermax Super Platinum Diamond Edge, and Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium. I find the Diamond Edge sharper but not as smooth as the Blue Diamond Titanium. Both blades are long lasting top shelf blades, imho. A Diamond Edge in a tech is a sweet shave.

The product manager at Super - Max was a good friend of mine and had revealed to me that the new diamond edge is a new technology blade Super-Max is making after importing new machines. It has special sputtered edges which increase retention of the blade edge due to the coating.
I found some Zorrik Super Platinum blades that state the same sputtered blade technology. Price is $12.49 for 200 blades on ebay. I wonder if they are from the same factory. at 0.06 per blade, I may buy them just to test them out.

200 x Zorrik Super Platinum 100 % Original BLADES Double Edge Safety Razor Blade | eBay

proxy.php

The Titanium is a mid range blade for me (74 shaves before it quit working) while my Polsilver SI is going strong at 95. Good blades though, and the diamond-like coating will extend blade life. I have some Super Plats, but it's gonna be a while before I get to them.

Awesome find!! Love the 2 previous versions of this SuperMax blade (Tiger Super Platinum and then just called Super Platinum)!!

Are these truly the same blade as Super Max Super Platinum? I'd love to find some if that is the case. Those were a favorite blade of mine.

Are these truly the same blade as Super Max Super Platinum? I'd love to find some if that is the case. Those were a favorite blade of mine.
I don't know, haven't tried the newest version (they are on my to-try list), but I have tried these 2; love both of them:

Blade_SuperMax_SuperPlatinum.jpg

Blade_SuperMax_Tiger_Super_Platinum2.jpg

I thought sputtering was how most platinum / titanium etc. coated blades were coated. I don’t think there’s anything new or special about the process.

Sputtering metals isn't new, but sputtering diamond-like carbon is. Hence the "Blue Diamond" label.

Should make them last much longer, although so far not for me.

The following is stated on the tuck of Diamond Edge:
"This product does not contain diamonds. Diamond Edge is a metaphor to describe the sharpness and strength of the edge of the blade. Diamonds were not used for manufacturing the product."
I bought my blades in 2017, they were manufactured 09/16.

Top Bottom