What's new

Suggestions: Interest in of the month themes?

I agree with Doug that a lot of brands and pen models don't get enough press around here. (some get waaaay more than they deserve, but there's no accounting for taste.)

-Andy

Sounds good. Perhaps uses of pens? Journal writing, letter writing, card writing (December), note writing (thank you, sympathy, congratulations, well done) and associated stationery a gentleman needs to have on hand, agendas and time keeping techniques, note keeping 3 x 5 cards, letters written to your kids to open on 21st birthday, writing on your travels, train, plane, automobiles, (boat?), postcards, letters to MPs and other politicians (yes I've written to Dalton and had form letter responses), letters and notes that we have received that inspire.

There was that one time I was writing, whilst driving, a shopping list for my local career city council member to be opened on his 21st term... it didn't end well. :lol:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
You could pick any sort of theme for a month and roll with it. Broad themes or narrow could both work.

"Eyedroppered Pilot 78g's with a fine nib and filled with Diamine registrar's ink" ... or ... "Pelikan pens and iroshizuku inks".

(some get waaaay more than they deserve, but there's no accounting for taste.)

Some of us just like saying "Twizzbee" to watch Brian go into a fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Desk sets, blotters, vintage/antique ink wells, pen holders/boxes/cases, Chinese pens, pen hacks/nib replacements/frankenpens... the themes are endless!

-Andy

Enabler of the month! I think it's high time we give honor where honor is due in this most illustrious of sub-forums. There are far too many collections and enablers here from which we can learn. For instance, one month could be "Brian and his 51s." Each day he could dive in and tell us about 1 or 12 of his famous pens. By the end of the month (he would definitely need a 31 day month) he may have gone through an 8th of his collection, and we would all be wiser for it.

Maybe one month James could take us through a day in the life of a cat in his house.

lol I think since Isaac is back he should be added to that poll Brian had going a bit ago, as i know Andy will go ahead and recast his vote for him lol

I guess if we do ink every month, the ink drop might get a lot more popular. Out of all the things we can acquire every month, ink should be the easier. So I would probably be interested in watching it. And a month is enough time to get some samples. For paper and stuff, maybe if enough people do it we can get Goulets to setup some paper-samples a month or something. :D Instead of Ink Drop, Tree Drop.

That probably won't happen, but we might have some people here who can help obtain paper, like $1 for two sheets shipped or so. Then only the pen would be left as the one thing that someone probably can't always acquire per month. If it is something really out there, leave a hint to give time to scour ebay or something.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
You do realise that we'll just keep throwing out ideas until the cows come home and the Noodler pens work well right out of the box, right?

Enabler of the month!

That might be a good idea ... with a twist.

We pick a victim who is the "pen guru of the month" and every week he has to post a new thread exploring some aspect of his collection. Maybe it's a pen that is a particular favourite of his and why, maybe it's a tour through all his Pelikan 1000s, maybe it's a tour of his massive R&K ink collection or whatever. Lots of photos, lots of comments, lots of fun.

That'd be 4 threads (let's say one every Sunday or thereabouts) he'd start.

Oh i like that Idea Ian, maybe let a special guest poster kind of guide the thread each month, I know i have huge interests in your collection, as well as Dougs, Brians, Isaac, Andy, Dave and so on and so on, doesnt have to be every month but that would be amazing if those guys and others were into it

Gee whiz yer smart

Oh i like that Idea Ian, maybe let a special guest poster kind of guide the thread each month, I know i have huge interests in your collection, as well as Dougs, Brians, Isaac, Andy, Dave and so on and so on, doesnt have It has to be every month but that would be amazing if those guys and others were into it

Gee whiz yer smart

Fixed it.

Top Bottom