What's new

Stropped up luck!

My last strop was made of deer skin and was working great. I cut the blasted thing in the middle. So I decided to make a paddle strop out of it. I forgot how well deer skin absorbs. Needless to say that did not go over well. There where large spots of glue that seeped through making it hard as a rock.
So I buy a cheaper replacement to tide me over till I get the funds up to replace it. I get home from running errands and find it rammed into my mailbox. Now I have a creased strop. I am attempting to sand it down in hopes that might work. :angry:

You should have called or emailed the vendor and got a new strop. It wasn't your fault it was messed up.

Trying not to sweat it I did not pay very much for it. My biggest thing is how it was treated. I did email the vendor I am just waiting on the return email mostly just giving them a heads up.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It is, but on the other hand all my strops came to me in a large flat rate box unrolled or folded stuffed with newspaper. So far all 5 got to me across the Pacific without nary a crease or dent :).

I got the second strop with out damage which was a big plus. The packaging was not the best but on the other hand the round peg should not have been rammed into the rectangle hole.

Top Bottom