What's new

Strike Gold Kennedy mini review

I just had a great shave this morning with the Kennedy shave soap from Strike Gold and wanted to share that since there isn't much on here covering their stuff. Apologies in advance, but I'm not really the guy to break down slickness to the decimal and so on. It lathers like a dream -- very thick and creamy. Slickness and post shave are very good but not elite. So if you want something that can hang with Grooming Department of Wholly Kaw donkey in those categories, this isn't your soap.

But I did get a two pass DFS, my face feels great, and this soap smells fantastic. It's very difficult to describe the scent, but I'm getting powdered sugar and candied fruit meets mens cologne? Like if you took the taste of smarties and said make me a soap that smells like that, but more sophisticated. Sophisticated but approachable.

Scent is a pretty important factor for me and I've been frustrated with some brands like the GD, WK, T&S, Declaration, Chatillon Lux AS where the performance is objectively stellar but the scents are a little too complex and not up my alley. I respect those soaps more than I actually like shaving with them; I find myself getting more excited to shave with stuff from Jeeves, Eufros, Ariana & Evans, and RazoRock that give me great shaves and are more approachable scent-wise (to me). Of course, this all comes with a giant YMMV.

So two thumbs up for the soap and for the splash as well. I'm definitely shaving with this again tomorrow morning so if there are any questions I'm happy to answer. These soaps are released in small batches on etsy and it appears they're all named after ex-Presidents. The website says "back for the last time ever" so Kennedy may be getting retired.

Ingredients: stearic acid, shea butter, coconut oil, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, fragrance, glycerin. $16.50 for a five ounce tub.

Nice review. Just got a sample of "Ike" at NYC Wetshavers get together this weekend. Looking forward to trying it out.

Nice review. Just got a sample of "Ike" at NYC Wetshavers get together this weekend. Looking forward to trying it out.
Nice, please share your thoughts when you give it a go. Wish I had known about NYC Wetshavers. Is there something on B&B or facebook or anywhere I can follow to hear about that if it's done again?

Nice, please share your thoughts when you give it a go. Wish I had known about NYC Wetshavers. Is there something on B&B or facebook or anywhere I can follow to hear about that if it's done again?

Ah geez, well, here's a little thread I made documenting it.

NYC and Pasteurs

I understand they have a group "NYC Wetshavers" on facebook - but I don't use facebook - I just ran into a guy that invited me at Pasteurs. :)

Top Bottom