What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Scored these two for 30$ a piece. The grelot had bad rust and pitting, but they both look gorgeous all cleaned up. I am still working on the handles. The grelot I'm doing the black pearl with nickel probably. And the arbolito will be my first green handle, always liked the green but couldn't really see it on anything til now. Went with a squared shape to compliment the square point.

Can't wait to get them honed and in rotation!

MVIMG_20200823_155006.jpg

SCORE!!!!! This guy just showed up after over a MONTH AND A HALF in shipping purgatory....... I contacted the seller 3 weeks in and requested a refund, he responded with “hey boss im sorry i even talked to usps about this and they cant give me answers either im just gonna completely refund you for the trouble and hopefully one day it finally makes it to you, if it does, enjoy! im sorry again for this and the inconvenience.”

I’m really glad it showed up, but I’m feeling like I should contact the seller and let him know. Though, it was an insured package...

What would you guys do?

Peter J. Michaels, C-Mon
Cadillac
5C8B02C8-F482-4E86-B01E-FC36023FA24B.jpeg

SCORE!!!!! This guy just showed up after over a MONTH AND A HALF in shipping purgatory....... I contacted the seller 3 weeks in and requested a refund, he responded with “hey boss im sorry i even talked to usps about this and they cant give me answers either im just gonna completely refund you for the trouble and hopefully one day it finally makes it to you, if it does, enjoy! im sorry again for this and the inconvenience.”

I’m really glad it showed up, but I’m feeling like I should contact the seller and let him know. Though, it was an insured package...

What would you guys do?

Peter J. Michaels, C-Mon
Cadillac
View attachment 1145109

nice C-Mon !!!!

if possible refund, repay, whatever to make things square. don't want to disrupt the karma continuum.

camo

If he refunded i would give the money back. With the world today, the time it took wasn't his fault, he did what he could. Looks good.
IMHO, the "right" thing to do is contact the seller and offer to refund the refund. You have the razor and are (apparently) satisfied, he should have the payment.

Gorgeous razor, by the way.
Agreed, refunding the refund would be the gentlemanly thing to do, also your goblet seem to be overflowing right now :rolleyes: She is beauty
nice C-Mon !!!!

if possible refund, repay, whatever to make things square. don't want to disrupt the karma continuum.

camo
Yep I offered to pay him back his refund. The gentleman said, “thanks for your offer to pay me back the refund! I’ll only accept half, because I make you wait so long... thanks for being such a great customer!!!”

I was glad to pay him back, it’s a fantastic razor!

I picked through the box marked broken/parts, from the 8.18.2020 lot. The box is filled with several Celluloid BOMBS..... Unfortunately they destroyed a lot that could have been good in the box(including 2 Fili’s with broken scales and a bunch of very old W&B), but there are still a lot of nice blades and scales to be used for restorations. The total count of broken or severely rusted blades from this box was 66, but 49 razors are salvageable along with 30 sets of good scales.

These are my two favorite diamonds in the rough from this box:

Rodgers Refined Steel 15/16, full wedge with beautiful bone scales, broken on the non show side. I may try to save them and add a liner for stability. They have a wonderful patina and would be a shame to loose.
6FFD44C0-04B5-4608-A870-368E15EBB531.jpeg
A72F5C71-E24B-46B0-BC31-0E3C91944E27.jpeg

W. Greaves and Sons, I AM GOOD AND WILL SHAVE WELL, 6/8 full wedge. It’s never going to be perfect due to a few pits near the lettering, but it doesn’t matter. I think I’ll replace the scales with horn and reuse the gorgeous bullet washers. This one is one of my bucket list razors!
D4D65868-22D1-4133-94EF-A1A6225C7E7D.jpeg
BCB05A1F-1730-43F4-8004-2681A233F63B.jpeg

Top Bottom