What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Here's a CV Heljestrand. Not sure if I was using my head purchasing this but my heart said "yes." The pictures weren't great and I was the only bidder. Probably overpaid. I just hope it will hold an edge. Either way I get to cross "Swedish frameback" off of my list. Now to get something with a covered tang. Then I can call it good for now and get back to collecting DEs!
View attachment 1071350
View attachment 1071348
It's definitely going to hold an edge! It may take a bit longer to produce a nice edge, but be patient, it will come.

Now these little razors, are awesome shavers, once tamed.... BUT, I'll caution you, that the thin tang often times(depending on your hand size) can make these little things a little flippy and unstable in the hand. Take your time and enjoy learning to use these unique, vintage razors.

@Polarbeard what's your experience with this blade?

I haven't made any acquisitions in quite some time, but this one popped up last week and I couldn't help making an offer, which was accepted quite quickly. These are the sellers photos, but it did clean up perfectly.
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

It's definitely going to hold an edge! It may take a bit longer to produce a nice edge, but be patient, it will come.

Now these little razors, are awesome shavers, once tamed.... BUT, I'll caution you, that the thin tang often times(depending on your hand size) can make these little things a little flippy and unstable in the hand. Take your time and enjoy learning to use these unique, vintage razors.

@Polarbeard what's your experience with this blade?
My experience is that they are "wiggly" and both scaring and scarring. Then again that's only my opinion. I recall that Clint Eastwood's character Dirty Harry said something about opinions.

I recall that Clint Eastwood's character Dirty Harry said something about opinions.

Would that be along the lines of make my day punk or are you feeling lucky punk, or was that 5 cuts or 6 as your going to bleed :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

I haven't made any acquisitions in quite some time, but this one popped up last week and I couldn't help making an offer, which was accepted quite quickly. These are the sellers photos, but it did clean up perfectly.View attachment 1072452View attachment 1072451

Congratulations on a great score of that beautiful razor....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Welcome to the Wonderedge Club your going to enjoy that shaver and yes they take a fantastic edge but not as good as the mk32 but very close :thumbup::thumbup::em2200::em2200::em2200:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
i dont know if this is considered a vintage. maybe someone knows about this razor.

View attachment 1071946

I don’t know which company made the Rugby line, but they are advertised as being made of Austrian Schoeller-Bleckman Fenix steel which appears to be a vanadium steel.

I’ve seen two models of Rugby, both 13/16” - the 1072 which is a heavy grind and more common, and the 1961, which is a more hollow version.

Congrats, you have a fine razor indeed.

Would that be along the lines of make my day punk or are you feeling lucky punk, or was that 5 cuts or 6 as your going to bleed :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2: :001_tt2:

Congratulations on a great score of that beautiful razor....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Welcome to the Wonderedge Club your going to enjoy that shaver and yes they take a fantastic edge but not as good as the mk32 but very close :thumbup::thumbup::em2200::em2200::em2200:
HAHAHA, Thanks mate! I've always wanted one, but couldn't stomach the exorbitant prices! I got lucky!

Ahhhhh the MK32, an elusive beast(also in the exorbitant prices list)...... Some day, I'll find one in the $1 box at a flea market(Dreaming....). lol

My experience is that they are "wiggly" and both scaring and scarring. Then again that's only my opinion. I recall that Clint Eastwood's character Dirty Harry said something about opinions.
This is what you told me when i bought my first one..... A 1/4 scar on my left cheek is what I got for my impudence and disregard for good looks...... They definitely like to be respected! When I reach for my Klas Tornblom or CVH, I first bow, cross myself, and say 7 Hail Mary's, FIRST... lol

I don’t know which company made the Rugby line, but they are advertised as being made of Austrian Schoeller-Bleckman Fenix steel which appears to be a vanadium steel.

I’ve seen two models of Rugby, both 13/16” - the 1072 which is a heavy grind and more common, and the 1961, which is a more hollow version.

Congrats, you have a fine razor indeed.

this is the grind
image0(3).jpeg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
That is drool-worthy.... Spalted Maple is gorgeous, but few want to work with it....

Thank you sir, the credit goes to Alfredo - Doc226 - for those beautiful scales. They’re lined with black G10 to make them stable, so that does take some of the drama away.

Top Bottom