What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Just received this Boker Graf Everhard 5/8, this makes up the set of three razors in the set.

IMG_20201005_172108.jpg

These three razors are just what is needed when you feel the need for a little Bling.

IMG_20201005_172229.jpg

5/8 Graf Everhard
6/8 Graf Adolf
7/8 Graf Engelbert.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I recently purchased 7 vintage SR’s with the intent to use them as beater practice razors to learn on. Take them apart, re pin, check out scales, experiment without fear of damage. Also have to start off somewhere on the honing process, but don’t want to mess up whats working for me. Pleasantly surprised that 4 of the 7 are keepers IMHO. Another may be salvageable with my limited tools and knowledge and 2 others are purely to learn on. Here are the 3 top contenders.

97E6C36D-B8DF-48C8-8CB8-6DF3723B4A8F.jpeg

I gave them a quick cleaning and was able to get a fine shave with one this morning. More work will be done, but a very nice experience considering the great value I got the razors for.

I recently purchased 7 vintage SR’s with the intent to use them as beater practice razors to learn on. Take them apart, re pin, check out scales, experiment without fear of damage. Also have to start off somewhere on the honing process, but don’t want to mess up whats working for me. Pleasantly surprised that 4 of the 7 are keepers IMHO. Another may be salvageable with my limited tools and knowledge and 2 others are purely to learn on. Here are the 3 top contenders.

View attachment 1166247
I gave them a quick cleaning and was able to get a fine shave with one this morning. More work will be done, but a very nice experience considering the great value I got the razors for.
Carbo magnetics take a solid edge. I have had one or two over the last few years.

Top Bottom