What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
693F574C-785F-447F-ADDC-8E3671179746.jpeg

Just received this EDACO back from having vintage bone scales installed. The little crack at the toe really sets it off. EDACO is one of my top three razors - have three now. That is the other end of Tucker in the background.

20190610_202400.jpg
Those all look New fantastic score Sir!!! You could not get 3 better razors enjoy, but do keep us informed what you think after shaving with them.....
Just finished a night shave with the Friedr Herder 21. I have a total of 12 straights from 100 years old to brand new and this Herder 21 is the best shave I have ever had. I know it sounds like "it's new to me so it's great," but it was absolutely fantastic. I am still in awe because it's honestly the first time I have felt one razor gave a very noticeably better shave right off of the stones. I will say that it didn't look like this razor had ever been honed before, so maybe me being able to start a NOS razor from scratch has something to do with it. I will say for a reference point that I have been sharpening and honing razors and woodworking irons for about 12 years so I don't think there was anything different about the sharpening process. This razor is the sharpest in the den now. I used one of my wifes long hairs and the blade was popping them at 1"+. I know not everyone agrees, but I love really, really sharp old steel! I will check back when I have used the other two. Cheers!

Been after a Boker Red Injun for while now and managed to find one

1.jpg 4.jpg

And Folks this is a razor you should never buy but yeah I did buy it

1.jpg 2.jpg

I might be able to sand and polish this out but no I just want the inlays from the scales the rest is junk.. as this is going to be a test run...
as I dont want to damage these
20190524_203010.jpg 20190524_203031.jpg

also bought this

J.A. Henckels Twin Works

Sorry but thats all your getting just teasing yeah now till it arrives.....
1.jpg

Last edited:
9930C423-6355-4587-A462-C0208EEE19BA.jpeg
2AE7ED21-D249-4737-A56F-22A579CB177C.jpeg

Scored a shoulderless Torrey with the factory edge in a complete little travel kit with double sided strop. I’m not sure if all shoulderless Torrey’s are this good, but this one surprised me.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Lots to drool over already listed recently.

Here's my latest.

Fredericks Celebrated Razor.480.6-12-19.JPG

Vintage Fredericks Celebrated Razor Sheffield.

Fredericks.Face.480.NotCleaned.6-12-19.JPG

I've not had or honed a razor with a smile like this.

Lots to drool over already listed recently.

Here's my latest.

View attachment 989928

Vintage Fredericks Celebrated Razor Sheffield.

View attachment 989927

I've not had or honed a razor with a smile like this.

The good news for you specifically is you have options.

1. You have a convex hone, grab a margarita and go at it no-thinko-de-Mayo style and itll be fine.

2. If it’s well ground, On a flat hone you should be able to basically just start a lap with an x-stroke heel leading and swing the toe around to finish toe leading and get it all.

3. Sharpie the edge up and check. Your vision is one of the first things impaired by margaritas.

Top Bottom