What's new

Straight in a Month

That title sounds like a bad sit-com doesn't it?

Nobody taught me how to shave--they said, "Here, use this razor and this cream, and good luck". So I did, and bought into the fusions, quattros, barbasol, noxema, gels, foams etc along the way.

About twelve years ago, I found an Italian barber in Chicago--cheap, good haircut and he used a straight edge on your neck which I found incredible--the hot lather and the blade gliding across were great-and the tightest shave I had ever experienced-but real people don't use straights, do they?

Now, at 37 having discovered this forum I've picked up a couple of Gillette DE Razors, Derby blades, tweezerman brush and a few various creams and soaps...and I am getting as good of a shave as I want to from them.

Now, utilizing my superior math skills by putting 2 and 2 together....I can sense a straight razor in my near future--so whether from Ambrose, Leighton, RupRazor....I hope to get an acceptable vintage razor and strop....so using those together with determination and practice I hope to create the same great bbs feeling on my face as my old Italian Barber did on my neck.

I'll be back for the razor, advice, and support coming up--so thanks in advance:biggrin:

Go for it!

Just be aware, it'll probably change everything about the way you shave, and how you think about it.

Can't agree more!

Today was my first DE shave in at least a month, needed a quick 5 minute DFS "get in and get out" shave.

Strange, really. Felt like I was cheating myself out of a "real" shave! :smile:

Top Bottom