What's new

Starter kit PIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum is so valuable for information and advice for myself and other new DE newbs. I have been DE shaving since January and a member of B&B since March and have already won a few small PIFs, so it's my turn to give back. This is a good selection of products that I use and like that I thought would make a decent starter for someone looking at trying traditional wet shaving. So enough words, let's get to the list of goods! All items new except for a few of the samples.
Lord L125 (very similar to the merkur 23c )
WSP boar brush
Proraso white pre shave cream
Proraso blue cream
Tucks of blades (wilkinson sword, merkur, Astra sp, and a few singles)
Nivea sensitive post shave balm
Honey Bee Gardens Bay Rum aftershave
Victoria and Margaret sage and cedar aftershave
Maggard soap samples (London barbershop and limes and bergamot )
Taconic cream sample (eucalyptus mint)
$20150517_113303.jpg
This will run for 2 weeks to let enough people see it, please only enter if you just started or want to start DE shaving. Winner will be picked by random number generator, a simple I'm in gets you entered. :thumbup1:
PIF open to CONUS and Canada

Last edited:
I started with a tub of Prorasso Green. $11. I still use it almost three years later. Supermarket.

Omega Boar Bristle. $11. Torture. Too prickly. I now use it to scrub my hones clean. Still prickly. Supermarket.
Now replaced by Body Shop Synthetic. $11!.

Rolls Razor circa 1930. $20. eBay. Still use it. Good stuff.

No pre shave cream. I tried it. It did nothing for me. Same stuff for after shave. Same results.

Aqua Velva Musk After Shave Lotion. $5.59. Pharmacy. Still use it. My favourite.

Total -------- $47.59

I now have a modest variety of Soaps/croaps/creams and brushes from Silvertip to to Finest Badger to Boar to smelly Horse Hair to Synthetic - my favourite.
And two Aqua Velva After Shaves for variety.
I have a collection of 15 Rolls Razors because they fascinate me.

I have a Parker 91R double edge razor that I use occasionally with a variety of DE blades. Just for fun.
It feels and works very good.

Mickey :a21::a21::a21:

P.S.

What is a PIF?

Last edited:
I started with a tub of Prorasso Green. $11. I still use it almost three years later. Supermarket.

Omega Boar Bristle. $11. Torture. Too prickly. I now use it to scrub my hones clean. Still prickly. Supermarket.
Now replaced by Body Shop Synthetic. $11!.

Rolls Razor circa 1930. $20. eBay. Still use it. Good stuff.

No pre shave cream. I tried it. It did nothing for me. Same stuff for after shave. Same results.

Aqua Velva Musk After Shave Lotion. $5.59. Pharmacy. Still use it. My favourite.

Total -------- $47.59

I now have a modest variety of Soaps/croaps/creams and brushes from Silvertip to to Finest Badger to Boar to smelly Horse Hair to Synthetic - my favourite.
And two Aqua Velva After Shaves for variety.
I have a collection of 15 Rolls Razors because they fascinate me.

I have a Parker 91R double edge razor that I use occasionally with a variety of DE blades. Just for fun.
It feels and works very good.

Mickey :a21::a21::a21:

P.S.

What is a PIF?

PIF means pay it forward, a common practice of B&B is to do a giveaway to contribute back to the forum.

I am also going to open the PIF to established members who know someone who is ready to convert but hasn't jumped yet.

Last edited:
Not in but I suppose soon there will be a shave rookie very happy!
Good grief and thank you for your generosity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom