What's new

Splurge on anything recently?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have to admit, I'm a bit panicked about what's going on lately. I've always been a little skittish but am even more so now. I was supposed to hit the agencies to get back to work and probably couldn't have waited for a worse time to get a job. So what did I do today? I spent money! I bought a tube guitar amp I've always wanted, a used Peavey 20 tube combo amp from the 1990's, back when they were made in the USA. Considering I'll probably be homebound (and hopefully not sick), I figured I'd get something I could enjoy while stuck indoors. What about you? Buy anything non-shave related just because?

View attachment 1074724

View attachment 1074725
Absolutely. Having the house painted so I can move to the country.

Since this whole thing started, and I couldn't go anywhere or do anything, I've splurged on more razors:
1. Gillette Tech
2. Gillette Slim
3. Gillette Fatboy
4. Gillette New Short Comb
5. GEM G Bar
6. GEM Micromatic Flying Wing
7. Gillette New Long Comb
8. Gillette Old Type circa 1921-1928
9. Plus the Maggard four razor head deal with two stainless steel handles.

I never owned anything vintage before this, and I'm very happy with the shaving results.

Well landscape and construction restrictions have been lifted so we finally pulled the trigger to have the front yard landscaped and a small artificial law installed. It’s costing a pretty penny but I’m pretty excited that I won’t have to mow the lawn anymore.

I pulled the trigger on a Yaqi R1730 Sagrada Familia. It’s my first shave related purchase in almost 5 years. I need to find out what this synthetic brush craze is all about.

Converted the kegerator to a two tap.
DE6D7C06-0C2A-49DD-B7E1-4A3877E0CE9D.jpeg

Top Bottom