What's new

Splurge on anything recently?

My splurge is shaving related. I bought my first 2 Paladins. A 26mm Eldorado & a 28mm Lotus. The ivory one is the 26mm.
IMG_2508.jpg
IMG_2513.jpg

Bought our daughter an "Artist's tablet" and laptop combination. She's going to be taking her talents online, possibly streaming in the not so distant future. Fingers crossed for her.

Russian silent films, oh my. Early in on Zu omen dirty weekends. Hope to ship early April, but with this mess going on you never know.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Every once in a while, when watching an old B/W movie, I'll think "every single person in this film is dead now".
Me too! I've thought that for years. Thought I was uniquely weird in that regard....

I have to admit, I'm a bit panicked about what's going on lately. I've always been a little skittish but am even more so now. I was supposed to hit the agencies to get back to work and probably couldn't have waited for a worse time to get a job. So what did I do today? I spent money! I bought a tube guitar amp I've always wanted, a used Peavey 20 tube combo amp from the 1990's, back when they were made in the USA. Considering I'll probably be homebound (and hopefully not sick), I figured I'd get something I could enjoy while stuck indoors. What about you? Buy anything non-shave related just because?

View attachment 1074724

View attachment 1074725

I've decided now at 52 yoa, that I should have followed my desire to play an instrument years ago when I was a teen. So I bought an Alesis electronic drum set and have been playing a month now. If anything, it will keep my timing a coordination sharp.

I recently had a bit of a camera clear out, getting rid of 14 bodies and 6 lenses.
The shelves looked bare... I have filled the space with 6 Canon bodies and Lenses!!!

Canon AE1 + 50mm f1.4
Canon A1 + 50mm f1.8
Canon AE1 Program + 35mm f2
Canon T70 + 35mm-105mm f3.5
Canon T90 + 24mm f2.8
Canon EOS 30v + 18mm-200mm

That's what can happen when no one else bids online!

I really shouldn't have done it, I know because I'm told everyday!

Top Bottom