What's new

Splurge on anything recently?

I have to admit, I'm a bit panicked about what's going on lately. I've always been a little skittish but am even more so now. I was supposed to hit the agencies to get back to work and probably couldn't have waited for a worse time to get a job. So what did I do today? I spent money! I bought a tube guitar amp I've always wanted, a used Peavey 20 tube combo amp from the 1990's, back when they were made in the USA. Considering I'll probably be homebound (and hopefully not sick), I figured I'd get something I could enjoy while stuck indoors. What about you? Buy anything non-shave related just because?

xfzkci9qzc6xgqylituo.jpg

zb60ekilnh6wwzxjfke8.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Last month? or this month?

So far this month I bought a new 27" iMac, Samsung SSD external drive, Blue Yeti mic, and a box of Davidoff Ginza 10th Anniversary cigars.

What do they call those lightbulb looking things on the Amp? Those always fascinated me with old amps. I don't know why.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Beautiful. I haven’t bought an amp in a while. I have a vox ac15 that I love. I sold off a couple of guitars I wasn’t using anymore and bought a new to me camera.
View attachment 1074765

Can you comment on what makes them $1,000+ cameras? For the size and looks they seem like they should be half that price. I don't see a lot of professionals using them either. Of course my "professionals" are wedding photographers so.....

(I still have Nikon glass from my 35mm film camera. Which works wonderfully over a 17 y.o. D-2H. But I miss a large format and a chemical darkroom.)

For some reason, I felt a Benchmade Outlast 365 was just the ticket yesterday. I guess we'll see if I really think so when it arrives.

That is really beautiful. I have that exact same lens on a Leica CL. Maybe when I retire I will shoot a roll of B&W and develope it myself. I still have all the stuff.
It’s an awesome little lens! I also have the Minolta cL version which is a fun camera too.

Lol I’m already bored and want to buy a new amp now. I’m really tempted by the vox ac30 lol

You got a big old room or practice space? It's a monster and doesn't sound so good (like many toob amps) until you goose it real good. Sold an AC15 that was just too much. 30? Psh, go for it!

I have the 15 and it’s awesome with the master volume. Figured the 30 with a master volume would be much the same. Lol that being said I probably do play a little louder than I should.

I have the 15 and it’s awesome with the master volume. Figured the 30 with a master volume would be much the same. Lol that being said I probably do play a little louder than I should.

30 is voiced differently, less brighter and more gutsy overall. Go for it, you will love it.

Top Bottom