What's new

Splurge on anything recently?

I recently had a bit of a camera clear out, getting rid of 14 bodies and 6 lenses.
The shelves looked bare... I have filled the space with 6 Canon bodies and Lenses!!!

Canon AE1 + 50mm f1.4
Canon A1 + 50mm f1.8
Canon AE1 Program + 35mm f2
Canon T70 + 35mm-105mm f3.5
Canon T90 + 24mm f2.8
Canon EOS 30v + 18mm-200mm

That's what can happen when no one else bids online!

I really shouldn't have done it, I know because I'm told everyday!

Haha nice haul! Interested to hear what you got rid of. Lol next time come to me! Lol

A vintage Borsalino fedora of Etsy. My first ever internet hat purchase. Originally sold by our local hat shop, Meyer the Hatter, I felt like it had to come home.

2 Dell 25” 4K monitors, Logitech keyboard and mouse. All in preparation for a home office. Now I’m confined at home because I’m in the at risk group and the boss sent me home to WFH.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I inherited one like that from my father in law. It died about 3 years back. But I am leaning towards that again.

My biggest problem was using it for a filing cabinet, but now that I'm retired I really don't think I'd be filling it up with nursing notes, business cards, etc. It'd probably be great.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I inherited one like that from my father in law. It died about 3 years back. But I am leaning towards that again.

My biggest problem was using it for a filing cabinet, but now that I'm retired I really don't think I'd be filling it up with nursing notes, business cards, etc. It'd probably be great.

I had the one I linked to. But it was a bit big for me over time. I went from a size 56 inch waist pants to 32 or 34 now, so the pockets naturally got a lot smaller. The rogue are good quality but are the same size as a normal wallet, but if you are rockin' 38 inch or more waist pants it will work great.

These days I use this and absolutely love it.

They being where they are, are closed now. Due to shipping I ordered two and gave one to my father a couple of years ago. Mine has had the lining in the card sleeve come out. I like it so much I will order another. My wife got me a wallet for Christmas that she considered thin (it's a tank) so I feel I at least have to use it for awhile first and hope it wears out fast!

Does this count..?
DSCI0730.JPG

FarmerTan

I had the one I linked to. But it was a bit big for me over time. I went from a size 56 inch waist pants to 32 or 34 now, so the pockets naturally got a lot smaller. The rogue are good quality but are the same size as a normal wallet, but if you are rockin' 38 inch or more waist pants it will work great.

These days I use this and absolutely love it.

They being where they are, are closed now. Due to shipping I ordered two and gave one to my father a couple of years ago. Mine has had the lining in the card sleeve come out. I like it so much I will order another. My wife got me a wallet for Christmas that she considered thin (it's a tank) so I feel I at least have to use it for awhile first and hope it wears out fast!
Now you have me like a mule stuck between a pile of hay and a pile of straw.

Both of them look like good choices.

I was reading the reviews and it struck me as odd that people have different wallets for different occasions.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I need a new wallet. Mine is about to be duct taped together! I want one that sits in my front pocket.

Also take a look at the Ridge wallet (and others that are like it). It's basically a money clip and credit card holder. It took a little getting used to, but I love mine, and it works pretty well in a front pocket.

I also have another small, more traditional wallet that rides in my back pocket and is for business cards, other cards, and stuff. I just make a point of clearing it out regularly.

I went to that system (money clip in front pocket; other stuff in back pocket) years ago and have been much happier. That Ridge wallet has made it even better.

Bought our daughter an "Artist's tablet" and laptop combination. She's going to be taking her talents online, possibly streaming in the not so distant future. Fingers crossed for her.

Just did the same. My daughter is a junior at Savanna College of Art & Design in Atlanta, GA. Home for the rest for the rest of the school year sheltering-in-place with mom and dad here in Danbury, CT. Just had her first online class today and her new iPAD-"on steroids" is already getting a good work out.

At least something in this house is! I miss going to Planet Fitness! This pandemic SUCKS.

Tim

FarmerTan

Just did the same. My daughter is a junior at Savanna College of Art & Design in Atlanta, GA. Home for the rest for the rest of the school year sheltering-in-place with mom and dad here in Danbury, CT. Just had her first online class today and her new iPAD-"on steroids" is already getting a good work out.

At least something in this house is! I miss going to Planet Fitness! This pandemic SUCKS.

Tim
Yes, but you have your lovely dtr. at home with you. Priceless.

My son is one of those folks that the guvmint sez is essential. He's a BEER MARKETING GUY! lol.

But it sure has been nice having him at home instead of with his girlfriend during his free time.

He was planning on walking for his diploma in May, that hasn't officially been cancelled, but I sure hope he still is interested in doing so in December, if they'll let him.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
My splurge is shaving related. I bought my first 2 Paladins. A 26mm Eldorado & a 28mm Lotus. The ivory one is the 26mm.View attachment 1075475View attachment 1075476

Nice....

I just splurged and bought my first Grizzly Bay Brush from Mr. John Williams!

Also fairly recently I satisfied my Nerd side and purchased NT Wright's "The New Testament in it's World" - it's quite a hefty tome.

1585598898914.png

Last edited:
Well, today I found out today I'm mid level essential. So on my way home for the last time until I'm guessing very late April or, more likely, early May, I picked myself up a bottle of Jameson whiskey.

The good news is since I was one of the last gone, I'll be one of the first called back.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, today I found out today I'm mid level essential. So on my way home for the last time until I'm guessing very late April or, more likely, early May, I picked myself up a bottle of Jameson whiskey.

The good news is since I was one of the last gone, I'll be one of the first called back.
I must show this post to my wife. I am considered essential, so I deserve some Jameson, too. Wish me luck. :)

Top Bottom