What's new

Speik-ing of Shaving cream

I thought I'd do an update. I've shaved with Speick twice now, and I am really impressed. The strong lavender scent dissipates if I get my lather going before my shower, so I don't have to worry too much about it. Though I'm still not impressed with the scent I must say that I may have to keep this one around. :thumbup1:

Yeah, On the front of my box and the tube it says "With relaxing Lavender" and on the German side "Mit entspannendem Lavendel." They may have changed the packaging. The splash doesn't say anything about lavender though.

My box had the Lavender comment too.

For me, it is heavy on the lavender--which I adore. There is some slightly medicinal aspect to it too, which I think is the subtle scent of Speick

interesting... i never noticed lavender. neat. i'll have to use it again tomorrow- always an absolute fave for me.

My box mentioned the Lavender. I think the cream has a slightly "bigger" scent than the stick, but I find them pretty similar smelling.

I don't notice the lavender.

I like both the stick and cream, and wish the ASB had the same scent. For me the ASB has more of a dried flower scent then the spicier scent of the stick.

I always get a great shave out of Speik.

I emailed Speik and asked:
"Is there lavender in the scent of Speik shave cream or not? The box and tube I have do not indicate lavender. There is discussion about this on this shave board.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132818&highlight=speik+lavender

Also, my tube and aftershave have this red and blue label. I have seen tubes that are all red. Are these just older style or something else/"

Here's their answer:

"thank you for your mail and your Speick Men Shaving Cream interest. We updated the print layout of our "Men" range and we have now a new Men design in blue and red .The products are unchanged. We have lavender oil as calming ingredient in the Speick Men Shaving Cream. Maybe you can't smell it, because the lavender oil is only one component of the fragrance."

As a rule, I don't like lavender (reminds me of my mother-in-law's house), but I love Speick. Must be a German heritage pride thing...

I like the scent, the lather, and the shave I get with Speick cream very much. My wife really likes the scent of the Speick cream and the aftershave balm too (on me, that is).

I've been alternating between Speick and Bigelow/Proraso cream for the last couple of weeks, and I think it's Speick for me by a nose. Both are really good to me and will be in rotation.

Today, however, I decided to switch back to some Conk amber soap for the morning shave and couldn't believe the difference. Even with building a decent lather and following all the same procedures as with the creams, the shave experience sucked so bad in comparison that I almost decided to grow a beard right there on the spot. My face has felt tight and dry all day, and I did a crappy job shaving. Back to the Speick tomorrow for sure!!!

I like the scent, the lather, and the shave I get with Speick cream very much. My wife really likes the scent of the Speick cream and the aftershave balm too (on me, that is).

I've been alternating between Speick and Bigelow/Proraso cream for the last couple of weeks, and I think it's Speick for me by a nose. Both are really good to me and will be in rotation.

Today, however, I decided to switch back to some Conk amber soap for the morning shave and couldn't believe the difference. Even with building a decent lather and following all the same procedures as with the creams, the shave experience sucked so bad in comparison that I almost decided to grow a beard right there on the spot. My face has felt tight and dry all day, and I did a crappy job shaving. Back to the Speick tomorrow for sure!!!
actually, I had really bad luck with Col. Conk glycertine soaps. They seemed to be slick on my face, but after that first pass it felt like i rubbed a pineapple across my mug.

Col Conk in my rotation?? No says I

actually, I had really bad luck with Col. Conk glycertine soaps. They seemed to be slick on my face, but after that first pass it felt like i rubbed a pineapple across my mug.

Col Conk in my rotation?? No says I

I says the same, I says! Back to Speick this morning, and back to a comfortable, close shave! What a relief. Bye-bye, Colonel.

I find Speik to smell slightly of cheap surfactants. Performance is solid but the smell does not bring me back like a Proraso or Men-u concentrate. Next on my list is Tabac to try which seems to generate a love/hate reaction for the fragrance.

I have to say Speick is the only lathering product I own that causes me to smile every time I smell it. As a man I feel that it is how I should smell... sappy, mossy, earthy.

Smell: is nice..not the best but ok
lather: I get a nice lather, but like the smell not the best..
Do you guys get the same results from the lather..? Or am not lathering well enough..should it lather better than Musgo or Proraso..???
It just didn't really impress me...but maybe I am doing somthing wrong?!

Smell: is nice..not the best but ok
lather: I get a nice lather, but like the smell not the best..
Do you guys get the same results from the lather..? Or am not lathering well enough..should it lather better than Musgo or Proraso..???
It just didn't really impress me...but maybe I am doing somthing wrong?!

I'd say Speick out-lathers Proraso any day of the week; even holidays.

No way, I gotta put my foot down on that one.!!:blink: Proraso is the slick and.. lathers the best out of any of the cream that I have!! Sorry man but it's true...:lol:

Wow, I'm sorry. You need to diversify your shave portfolio! :laugh:
I kid, but even if it lathers "better" it's no match in terms of shave quality. Proraso isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's very overrated.

Top Bottom