What's new

Source of Fan knots?

I wonder what grade his "White supreme badger" might be... Plus, for me, it would take a lot to be better than TGN's Finest Fan.

I wonder what grade his "White supreme badger" might be... Plus, for me, it would take a lot to be better than TGN's Finest Fan.

+1. The TGN Finest Fan is a tough one to beat at any price point. I absolutely love mine & will make a few more brushes with one.

Hasn't delivered yet. Maybe tomorrow?

Tracking number hasn't updated since the day after he shipped it. He did ship it first thing the morning after I ordered it real late at night.

Will see soon I hope.

Got the knot in the mail today.

It's really big and wide above the plug. Not sure I have a handle that will fit...
For reference I have two TGN 24mm knots that fit nicely into a Switchback top. The Envy White 24mm won't go in a bit beyond the plug at all. It's really dense.

Not going to have time to do anything with it until the weekend. Looks nice. The length of the black band is unreal. Almost all the way to the plug. Amazing...

Got the knot in the mail today.

It's really big and wide above the plug. Not sure I have a handle that will fit...
For reference I have two TGN 24mm knots that fit nicely into a Switchback top. The Envy White 24mm won't go in a bit beyond the plug at all. It's really dense.

Not going to have time to do anything with it until the weekend. Looks nice. The length of the black band is unreal. Almost all the way to the plug. Amazing...

That's a bit disappointing to hear because it makes buying the proper knot just that much harder....

I ended up sending the knot to Doug Korn for him to work with.

It's too expensive for me to mess it up. He's going to get the opening in a new handle made precisely for it and then send it all to me so I can adjust the loft up or down and then set it permanently after trying different heights first.

He's been a pleasure to work with too, just like every other brush maker I've done business with so far. We're all really fortunate to have such great people out there doing this kind of thing.

Not going to be any time soon though and that's OK. He has a bunch of work ahead of mine at the moment.

Hey fellas, just stumble in here as I have begun working on my first vintage brush reknots this weekend. I have 4 and am trying to decide what knots to set in them and I definitely want to do a badger fan in one of them. TGN finest is definitely one of the options. Anybody tried a fan from Elite Razors?

I have had the chance to try an Envy White knot. A buddy loaned me a brush with one a while back. Lots of backbone but a bit scritchy. I know some folks like scritch, but I don't care for it at all. I can say without a doubt it is the most beautiful badger knot I've ever laid eyes on.

Anybody tried a fan from Elite Razors?

They are imo, the best knots out there right now. Admittedly, I haven't purchased anymore, since he's bumped the prices, but they are very much worth it.

Fan
a8b36c8cb44177c13d8f093b716a6acb.jpg

Bulb tips
2016-08-23-08-20-00.jpg

I like the Elite Manchurian too.

Maseto on eBay are also nice but they ship from China which can take a couple of weeks or more.

I still love the Envy White knot.

Maggard's knots are very good and reasonable priced. No fan options though.

Top Bottom