What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Bill. Manuel has a winning range of soaps here with scents totally outside the norm. Now which one should be fourth?:001_unsur

I'm trying to decide between the ylang ylang-patchouli, the lilas-sandalwood, marseille, wet earth and the eastern breezes. Perhaps Luis can give us a good recommendation?

Bay rum is definitely not my thing, Balaji, especially after trying an Ogallala soap. This pic is gorgeous, my friend, and perhaps after today, you can have a well earned rest.:thumbup:

Thank you very much David! Well i should the say the same to you as well as other posters! B&B's SOTD has the best talent from what i seen and say that proudly. Very happy to be part of this crew :)! And yes thanks for reminding about the rest bc there a lot pf stress off my chest now! How's the JBM working with your straights? Does it work even better with your merkur 1904?

I'm trying to decide between the ylang ylang-patchouli, the lilas-sandalwood, marseille, wet earth and the eastern breezes. Perhaps Luis can give us a good recommendation?

I have the former and it's quite a potent scent. I would have thought the wet Earth, being of Vetiver mix, would be your thing, Bill, unless you are looking for a total contrast.

Thank you very much David! Well i should the say the same to you as well as other posters! B&B's SOTD has the best talent from what i seen and say that proudly. Very happy to be part of this crew :)! And yes thanks for reminding about the rest bc there a lot pf stress off my chest now! How's the JBM working with your straights? Does it work even better with your merkur 1904?

Balaji, I haven't tried the Merkur with the soaps yet, but the lather is simply fantastic for straight use. And it's so nice to have scents that differ from the usual offerings, and also that lasts throughout the shave too.

Not all italian/german, but some of it.

Proraso soap
Simpson chubby 1 in super
Merkur 34c
Derby blade
Proraso ASB

My first time with the Chubby... I SAY!

View attachment 255759

Welcome to the SOTD forum and a fantastic pic!:thumbup: Although we have weekly themes here, it is in no way obligatory to post to the theme, although obviously it does add to the fun.:biggrin1: Anyhow, you have applied the theme by including the Merkur and Proraso products. The Chubby 1 Super is one of my favourites.

I have the former and it's quite a potent scent. I would have thought the wet Earth, being of Vetiver mix, would be your thing, Bill, unless you are looking for a total contrast.

There is no doubt the wet earth sounds exaclty like it fits in my wheelhouse, but I was thinking that a bit of contrast would be worthwhile. I actually just got an email from Manuel indicating he's developing a "minty lime" that will be available/useable mid-August...

There is no doubt the wet earth sounds exaclty like it fits in my wheelhouse, but I was thinking that a bit of contrast would be worthwhile. I actually just got an email from Manuel indicating he's developing a "minty lime" that will be available/useable mid-August...

That sounds interesting. I did ask as to the possibility of a rose soap. Apparently he made one some time ago but the scent wasn't to his liking. He said he was planning another one soon.

That sounds interesting. I did ask as to the possibility of a rose soap. Apparently he made one some time ago but the scent wasn't to his liking. He said he was planning another one soon.

He also told me that he's making a Haitian Vetiver soap to be available around the same time as the minty lime. He said the oil is expensive, but smells really great in the bottle!

He also told me that he's making a Haitian Vetiver soap to be available around the same time as the minty lime. He said the oil is expensive, but smells really great in the bottle!

It's sounding better and better by the minute, Bill!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sant James London SC // Thäter Brúyere // EJ Georgian // Thayers // Garrapatero's Buy Rum

Once again, Luis, you produce an incredible image!

Happy Friday Friends!
~07/06/2012~

Semogue Owners Club 2Band \\ Merkur Progress w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ Santa Maria Novella Crema Da Barba \\ Proraso Creama Liquida Dopobarba

Today's shave was awesome and thoroughly enjoyable/fantastic at the same time! It's Friday and truly happy that it is. Finally don't have to worry about doing anymore hw over the weekend LOL. You all have an incredible day/weekend Gents!

proxy.php

WOW, Balaji, you really have a stunner here, my friend!:thumbup:

WOW, Balaji, you really have a stunner here, my friend!:thumbup:

Why, Thank you my Friend! Thought I would switch it up a bit. Its quite amazing what you can do with technology these day!

Check your's out and the colors mingling b/c they work quite well. How do you like Valobra compared to Cella?

6/8 Vintage Arthur Muller Bismark, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Shavemac 177, 23mm Silvertip
Valobra Crema di Sapone Purissima Menthol
Cold Water Rinse
Italian Floid Blue
Borsari Arte Black Calla

proxy.php

Check your's out and the colors mingling b/c they work quite well. How do you like Valobra compared to Cella?

Thanks, Balaji:001_smile To tell the truth, the performance difference is virtually nil, but on a warmer day, this menthol soap is more pleasing. There isn't the full menthol blast you get with Proraso but there is a cooling effect present nevertheless that I love.

Friday, July 06, 2012, Shaving Ritual

Razor: 68 Slim Gillette Adjustable (N4) (set on 9)
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] use)
Brush: Semogue 830
Cream: Honeybee Soap
A/S: Alum & Cold Water Rinse
A/S: Aqua Velva Musk

I got an awesome BBS shave today; I really like my new razor. Somehow the additional chatter from this razor is both soothing and provides me with additional feedback on how my shave is progressing. This was also the first shave where the alum did not sting. I have heard others talk about applying alum with no sting but this was the first time it happened for me. I am reminded of the old James Brown song:
Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good, I got you
Whoa! I feel nice, like sugar and spice
I feel nice, like sugar and spice
So nice, so nice, I got you

{ sax, two licks to bridge }

:applause:

$69 Gold 830 03 sketch R.jpg

Saturday 7th July 2012

proxy.php

Razor: Merkur 39C "Sledgehammer"
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (Dark Blue)
Pre Shave: Hot Water, Pears Soap and a Hot Towel
Shave: Cella Italian Soft Soap
Post Shave: Cold Water
After Shave: Nivea After shave Balm Cool Kick
Cologne: Ferrari Black

Song of the Day:

Love the style of this pic, and Cella means only one thing.....superb shave!:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom